Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: My Edison Family

Thanks

Default Re: My Edison Family

Been in contact with Brian, impressive response, my Ebonite pen is going back for a special treatment and I decided to treat my self to a nib upgrade while the pen gets polished yay!! .. Thank you Brian..
    May The Force Be With You!! ---

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadehawk For This Useful Post:

bgray (November 13th, 2014), jde (November 15th, 2014)

Thanks

On my LEE Glenmont the cap is super light compared to the body. The body looks like the pen in the video but the cap is like one percent black. I get that there's variance in the material based on how its made but wouldn't expect that much difference in the same pen. My ebonite red black Beaumont is much more uniform. Not sure how I feel about it. Pen is beautiful otherwise

Thanks

On the LEA side of things, I am very happy with my pearlized wine acrylic Glenmont. This is my first pen made of material reflecting a distinct chatoyance, and I'm not disappointed. For the first time, I chose a stock 1.1 steel nib, and I'm delighted with that too. It's a lovely pen, and I'm having a great time with it.

On a separate note, this is my second Glenmont, and I continue to enjoy the overall feel of this model in the hand. I was surprised by it, since I mistakenly thought that this model was an oversized pen. Yet, unposted, it's not overwhelming for a person with small hands, like myself, and it just feels well balanced. I have a handful of Edisons in my collection now, but I would say that the Glenmont and the Huron are my current favorites. With that being said, Brian worked with me to customize the dimensions of a pearlette, and it's just perfect. It's my "other favorite", and I enjoy it so much. I look forward to seeing Tiffany's persimmon swirl pearlette/menlo-inspired hybrid when all is said and done. Please be sure to show us pics, Tiffany, OK? =)
    Beware of oblique conclusions.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to klpeabody For This Useful Post:

gwgtaylor (November 13th, 2014), jde (November 15th, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (November 13th, 2014), trhall (November 13th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klpeabody View Post
    On a separate note, this is my second Glenmont, and I continue to enjoy the overall feel of this model in the hand. I was surprised by it, since I mistakenly thought that this model was an oversized pen. Yet, unposted, it's not overwhelming for a person with small hands, like myself, and it just feels well balanced.
    Agreed! I was surprised at how comfortable this pen is unposted. Had the same original assumption about the size.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trhall View Post
    On a separate note, this is my second Glenmont, and I continue to enjoy the overall feel of this model in the hand. I was surprised by it, since I mistakenly thought that this model was an oversized pen. Yet, unposted, it's not overwhelming for a person with small hands, like myself, and it just feels well balanced.
    Agreed! I was surprised at how comfortable this pen is unposted. Had the same original assumption about the size.
    Thanks Thomas! You have stayed true to your reputation as The Great Enabler. LOL. If it weren't for our pen meet up, my collection would be minus two Glenmonts. Still loving the Glenmont in Dark Tortoise Celluloid. It's such a special pen. I'm not sure which I enjoy more: looking at it, or using it. =)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klpeabody For This Useful Post:

jde (November 15th, 2014), trhall (November 15th, 2014)

Thanks

Thanks Thomas! You have stayed true to your reputation as The Great Enabler. LOL. If it weren't for our pen meet up, my collection would be minus two Glenmonts. Still loving the Glenmont in Dark Tortoise Celluloid. It's such a special pen. I'm not sure which I enjoy more: looking at it, or using it. =)
    Glad to have helped your decision making process! You can practice looking at and writing with the pen at the same time. ;-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trhall For This Useful Post:

klpeabody (November 15th, 2014)

Thanks

What Edisons have people been accumulating? Surely some over the holidays??

An update to my own Edison crew: an Edison Glenmont in Aztec Flake (a gift!). I'd been curious about the Aztec Flake, as Brian commissioned this after he ran out of the tortoise fleck material. It's used on the Pearlette retail series.

I can't say enough about how gorgeous the Aztec Flake is. Nicely complex acrylic, I think. If anyone's thinking about that Pearlette in this material, go for it!

A rare bit of sun shining into my office today, and so clumsily (iPhone, ya know) tried to capture this beautiful Edison:
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jde For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bluefeathers (January 22nd, 2015), Bogon07 (January 7th, 2015), Crazyorange (January 7th, 2015), kallenpj (January 7th, 2015), klpeabody (January 7th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (January 7th, 2015), mrcharlie (January 7th, 2015), Neo (January 7th, 2015), reprieve (January 7th, 2015), sharmon202 (January 7th, 2015), trhall (January 7th, 2015), VertOlive (January 7th, 2015)

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

jde, that is gorgeous! Congratulations.

I've been tempted by the Pearlette in the past, and now I know which material I would pick if I ever bite the bullet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to reprieve For This Useful Post:

jde (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jde View Post

An update to my own Edison crew: an Edison Glenmont in Aztec Flake (a gift!). I'd been curious about the Aztec Flake, as Brian commissioned this after he ran out of the tortoise fleck material. It's used on the Pearlette retail series.

I can't say enough about how gorgeous the Aztec Flake is. Nicely complex acrylic, I think. If anyone's thinking about that Pearlette in this material, go for it!

A rare bit of sun shining into my office today, and so clumsily (iPhone, ya know) tried to capture this beautiful Edison:
    I have actually been looking at that Pearlette ...
    Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is good. - Jan Karon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tiffanyhenschel For This Useful Post:

jde (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jde View Post

Julie, what a beautiful pen! Thank you for sharing photos with us. I have sampled this material in the retail pearlette and was also struck by it's complexity. I keep trying to dream up a pen using this material.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to klpeabody For This Useful Post:

jde (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Beautiful pen. The material is gorgeous in the sunlight. Thanks for sharing.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

jde (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Beautiful pen. The material is gorgeous in the sunlight. Thanks for sharing.
    It's much more brown with yellow/gold chunks when not in the sunlight. Also, you can see the converter through the barrel, but you can't see the ink level (at least in my pen). I haven't ED'd it, but imagine the ink showing through would add to the fun.

Jan 9: As I look at the pen this morning, the brown is a lovely amber.
    Last edited by jde; January 9th, 2015 at 08:17 AM. Reason: can't help myself

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jde For This Useful Post:

kallenpj (January 8th, 2015), klpeabody (January 8th, 2015), trhall (January 8th, 2015)

Thanks

I love this thread! Big fan of Edison.

Recent Edison acquisitions: Collier in Persimmon Swirl and Hudson in Ruby.

I am so disappointed I didn't act more quickly to pick up a Hudson in Black. Bummed that train has left the station.

I'm planning on getting the Edison Nouveau Premiere Winter Edition in a few weeks.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Scribbler For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 13th, 2015), jde (January 13th, 2015), klpeabody (January 14th, 2015), tiffanyhenschel (January 15th, 2015)

Thanks

I love threads like these so many wonderful pens to drool over

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathen View Post
    I love threads like these so many wonderful pens to drool over
    Indeed!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

I just received my first Edison (an Edison Nouveau) due to a member of this board. Now I know what the fuss was all about. They are lovely pens. I like the section, and the nib, an extra fine, is wonderful. It has the right amount of feedback (I like that in a pen now and then). It's a whole different writing experience from my other pens. It will be in rotation always!
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 26th, 2015), jde (January 27th, 2015), klpeabody (January 26th, 2015), Silverbreeze (January 26th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    I just received my first Edison (an Edison Nouveau) due to a member of this board. Now I know what the fuss was all about. They are lovely pens. I like the section, and the nib, an extra fine, is wonderful. It has the right amount of feedback (I like that in a pen now and then). It's a whole different writing experience from my other pens. It will be in rotation always!
    No pic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    No pic
    Unfortunately (or fortunately), I am one of the few individuals without either a digital camera or a smart phone (can you believe it?). My printer doesn't even have a scanner.
    Lady Onogaro

Thanks

Told you an Edison is amazing
    Tom
    @silverbreeze
    ---
    Forgive any ignorance on my part.
    Any stupidity is my brain not being malleable enough to understand
    ===
    Open to anyone writing me. Will do my best to reply quickly
    ====
    Tomasz S Suchecki
    77 Meadowpark Ave North
    Stamford CT 06905-2221
    United States of America

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverbreeze For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (January 26th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbreeze View Post
    Told you an Edison is amazing
    The section is so comfortable to hold. They have really thought about their users, I can see. It feels as if I am wielding an artist's tool, in many ways. Even though Goulet uses the same nibs, and I have an EF in my Jinhao pen, the Edison feels even finer than the Goulet extra fine. Or am I imagining it?
    Lady Onogaro

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 26th, 2015), jde (January 27th, 2015)