Thanks

Default Re: My Edison Family

well adressed in this quote?!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ink Pen Ani For This Useful Post:

tiffanyhenschel (June 1st, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Cool Re: My Edison Family

I posted this in Latest pens etc... but wanted to update it here too.

Edison Herald and a beautiful Leigh Reyes piece of art. She calls it a "doodle" and I call it stunning. This is my first Edison pen and the EF is spot on butter smooth. Woot woot happy day after it languished in U.S. customs for 2+weeks. They just like to make me wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

bgray (June 2nd, 2015), cnjackson (June 2nd, 2015), Crazyorange (June 2nd, 2015), jde (June 2nd, 2015), klpeabody (June 3rd, 2015), KrazyIvan (June 1st, 2015), rpsyed (June 4th, 2015), Tracy Lee (June 5th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful drawing, too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (June 2nd, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhenschel View Post
    My Edison family has a new sibling.
    Beautiful side by side, Tiffany! Makes me so happy to have this pen land with you.
    Edison cheers all,
    Julie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earthdawn View Post

Edison Herald and a beautiful Leigh Reyes piece of art. She calls it a "doodle" and I call it stunning. This is my first Edison pen and the EF is spot on butter smooth. Woot woot happy day after it languished in U.S. customs for 2+weeks. They just like to make me wait!
    Oh--that's a Herald: I'd thought it was a Menlo! Either way, I love that material: beautiful pen!

Can you post some writing samples?

Chris

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cnjackson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Congratulations!
    Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is good. - Jan Karon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tiffanyhenschel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: My Edison Family

Quote Originally Posted by cnjackson View Post

Oh--that's a Herald: I'd thought it was a Menlo! Either way, I love that material: beautiful pen!

Chris
    Thanks... it really is an excellent writer. This is a pen that is made to write a book if the mood strikes you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. The Following User Says Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (June 4th, 2015)

Thanks

Chris
    Thanks... it really is an excellent writer. This is a pen that is made to write a book if the mood strikes you.
    Hi Earthdawn--thanks for the great pic and writing sample. Lie de The is a nice choice for the pen. And wow! I am just in love with that material for the Herald. In fact, after seeing your pic here, I wrote to Brian to ask what material it is. The happy surprise was that this gorgeous pen is part of the production line! That makes it a lot easier for me think about affording one.

I'm impressed that the EF is so smooth. Do you think Leigh did any additional work on it, or did it reach her with that smoothness?

It also looks fairly wet--is that your impression?

Thanks again! I'm really drawn to this one!

Chris

Thanks

Chris
    Hi Earthdawn--thanks for the great pic and writing sample. Lie de The is a nice choice for the pen. And wow! I am just in love with that material for the Herald. In fact, after seeing your pic here, I wrote to Brian to ask what material it is. The happy surprise was that this gorgeous pen is part of the production line! That makes it a lot easier for me think about affording one.

I'm impressed that the EF is so smooth. Do you think Leigh did any additional work on it, or did it reach her with that smoothness?

Chris
    Yes it is a production line pen and is a bargain in relative terms. Knowing how Brian builds pens it really is a great deal.

I spoke to Leigh and as far as she can remember she just bought the pen and wrote with it. Never had anything special done to the nib. Its as standard as you can get with an Edison pen.

As I write this it occurred to me that YES this is the entry level pen from Edison and it is Handmade, Beautiful semi transparent Amber Tortoise Resin, Big #6 nib, can be made into an eyedropper if you wanted, Uses nib units so changing nibs is super easy (like Pelikan nibs) and the fit & finish is super smooth and super shiny! As well, Brian tunes the nibs to be sure they are right AND if there's ever an issue with the pen he backs it up!

OK... so I'll edit and say this pen is a bargain @ $149 ... it is a fantastic deal and I now need the Collier in Persimmon Swirl. I said from the day I saw the Menlow I must have and will have it one day but theres so many others that keep getting in the way.

Edit: Wetness I would say is a 5 out of 10. It can vary depending on with ink you use of course but out of the box its in that range. Just write for real everyday writing.
    Last edited by earthdawn; June 4th, 2015 at 11:59 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

cnjackson (June 5th, 2015), tiffanyhenschel (June 6th, 2015)

Thanks

Chris

Chris
    Yes it is a production line pen and is a bargain in relative terms. Knowing how Brian builds pens it really is a great deal.

I spoke to Leigh and as far as she can remember she just bought the pen and wrote with it. Never had anything special done to the nib. Its as standard as you can get with an Edison pen.

As I write this it occurred to me that YES this is the entry level pen from Edison and it is Handmade, Beautiful semi transparent Amber Tortoise Resin, Big #6 nib, can be made into an eyedropper if you wanted, Uses nib units so changing nibs is super easy (like Pelikan nibs) and the fit & finish is super smooth and super shiny! As well, Brian tunes the nibs to be sure they are right AND if there's ever an issue with the pen he backs it up!

OK... so I'll edit and say this pen is a bargain @ $149 ... it is a fantastic deal and I now need the Collier in Persimmon Swirl. I said from the day I saw the Menlow I must have and will have it one day but theres so many others that keep getting in the way.

Edit: Wetness I would say is a 5 out of 10. It can vary depending on with ink you use of course but out of the box its in that range. Just write for real everyday writing.
    That's a nice way of thinking about the production Edisons: as "entry-level"! Well, I think I do have my heart set on that Herald--so maybe some time this summer.

(And I already know how great Edison's are: earlier this year I ordered a Clipless Pearl in Flecked Tortoise--just a lovely lovely pen!)

Thanks for checking with Leigh about the nib! And good luck in your quest for future Edisons! I also like the looks of the Menlo--one day....

Chris

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnjackson For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (June 5th, 2015), tiffanyhenschel (June 6th, 2015)