Thread: Ink of the Future: Grow Your Own?

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ink of the Future: Grow Your Own?

Thomas Landrain is a biohacker from France who has successfully grown ink using pigment-producing bacteria. Listen to his fascinating story here. I listen to Spark on CBC.ca all the time and as soon as I heard this I rushed to my computer to share with you all. Enjoy.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

Thanks

Default Re: Ink of the Future: Grow Your Own?

hmm, interesting. I wonder if the ink will be fountain pen friendly though. At this time it seems the ink is really just good as a fun kit for people to buy. I think they said that the ink changes color based on condition. A color changing ink probably won't be good for any formal situations. It'll be cool for letters though.
    Now i would be happy if they could put this ink in printers. My printer has been out of ink since last year. It's just too expensive to buy more.

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Ink of the Future: Grow Your Own?

Yes you're right, the ink probably wouldn't be good for your pen. I thought the changing colors aspect was neat too, especially for letters.

My home printer has been out of ink for just as long as yours. I just can't justify the cost of buying more. It's cheaper to use the business center at Staples or Grand and Toy.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton