Thread: Waterstones Brand B5 notebooks (UK) are quite good!

Thanks

Default Waterstones Brand B5 notebooks (UK) are quite good!

Hello again,

Waterstones B5 lined writing pads

When I went to Waterstones (UK) to buy my ill-fated Moleskine B5 notebook for my journal (horrible). Whilst in there I impulse-bought two other cheaper Waterstones branded notebooks out of curiosity.

Ironically they are both much better for FP use and, in my opinion are actually quite nice - definitely worth a try, hopefully people might be interested in a few notes and some evidence :

Waterstones Black B5 soft jacket (I don't think its real leather), the cheapest one (£9.99) is actually my favourite because I like the soft jacket and the purple lining, the paper is quite resilient, no bleedthrough so far :

The more expensive (£12.99) 'Black Linen' B5 version has a linen hard-back cover and has similar nice paper :

If anyeones interested in my unfortunate Moleskine experience it can be found in this thread with pictures. Anyway, well done to Waterstones for making some decent pads!

Jolltax

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jolltax For This Useful Post:

da vinci (April 18th, 2014), inlovewithjournals (April 16th, 2014), migo984 (April 16th, 2014)

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Waterstones Brand B5 notebooks (UK) are quite good!

Beautiful journals! Glad you are much happier with these. I tend to avoid Moleskines for the same reasons. Wish I lived near a Waterstones! Thanks for sharing.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton