Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parker Blue Striped Duofold Vac Fill Restoration

Thanks

Default Re: Parker Blue Striped Duofold Vac Fill Restoration

In your case the barrel is marked Vacumatic and in my case the barrel is marked Duofold. In both cases those are the official names. Mine is a vac fill Duofold and yours is a striped Vacumatic. I think that DuoVac was coined by collectors. The Duovac moniker is pretty common but I have yet to see it in any Parker literature.

Thanks

Default Re: Parker Blue Striped Duofold Vac Fill Restoration

Does yours have: 1) a regular Duofold clip or a split-arrow Vacumatic clip, 2) a Duofold or Vacumatic nib, and 3) a Duofold filler or a plastic Vacumatic plunger filler?

According to Shepherd the six things that set a true DuoVac/Vacufold apart are: 1) It is made out of DuoFold stock, 2) It is marked “Vacumatic” on the barrel, 3) It sports a split-arrow Parker Vacumatic clip and not a DuoFold clip, 5) It came with a regular Vacumatic nib, 5) It uses the traditional Vacumatic plastic plunger filler, and 6) It has what is known as a “Jewellers” or “coin-stacked” cap band.

Does yours have these attributes? Hopefully it does.

Glenn
    Vintage fountain pen restoration, collection, information, & education from my own private collection.
    Interests include Parker 51, Parker Vacumatic, Parker Duofold, Conklin, & Esterbrook.