Thread: Great experience with Mr Pen

Thanks

Default Great experience with Mr Pen

I bought a Parson's Essential some months ago. The nib was great but not right for me. I finally got around to ordering a new nib and even though it was way past the free nib exchange time frame, it was replaced with a nib of my choice at no charge. Not only that, the turn around time on getting the new nib was 1 day.

I have already dropped a note to them to thank them personally but I wanted to pass on my experience to all geeks. Faultless customer service seems to be standard. Very happy customer.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (July 13th, 2014), writingrav (April 26th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Great experience with Mr Pen

Cool, the Parsons is next on my list. Did you have to send the pen back and forth or would they send just a replacement nib?
    here men from the pennet earth
    first set nib on the moon
    we came in peace for all penknid

Thanks

Hi Annie,

As you know I have few of Mr. Pen's range and I too have had a fantastic service from Peter who always replies to questions and provides information requested besides providing a fantastic after sales service.

Kind regards,

Rui

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erpe View Post
    Cool, the Parsons is next on my list. Did you have to send the pen back and forth or would they send just a replacement nib?
    I just sent the nib section - not the whole pen. I sent it on Tuesday, it arrived on Wednesday and by today (Thursday) I had a whole new nib section arrive in the post.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Thanks

That's nice but I don't reside in the UK so mailing might not be the cheapest solution, in fact, I just calculated that paying twice for the overseas package would cost me more than just order 2 ;-)
    Maybe I will just go for it, I am eyeing a medium (1.0 mm or so) italic but I'm afraid it is too scratchy for my taste. I am now using a 1.1 Lamy for EDC, which is very forgiving when I miss the sweet spot.
    Anybody using the medium italic?
    here men from the pennet earth
    first set nib on the moon
    we came in peace for all penknid

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Red face Re: Great experience with Mr Pen

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erpe View Post
    I just sent the nib section - not the whole pen. I sent it on Tuesday, it arrived on Wednesday and by today (Thursday) I had a whole new nib section arrive in the post.
    I had to respond that I love your quote about dragons at the bottom of your post. Reminds me of the Anne McCaffery dragon series. I read all her books for many years and was sad to hear of her death not too long ago. Thanks for the post and the dragon quote. Made me smile and made my day a little better.
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

I have had nothing but superb service from Mr. Pen.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

I have to agree that my experience with Mr. Pen was fantastic. I called from the "Colonies" and spoke to Mr. Ford for almost 1/2 hour. It was a very friendly and informative conversation. I ended up buying a Churchman's Prescriptor from Mr. Pen and it arrive in short order from the across the pond. The nib was buttery smooth even though it was italicized to 1.3mm. I would highly recommend doing business with Mr. Pen and consider adding an Italix fountain pen to your collection.
    "Hominem unius libri timeo." - Saint Thomas Aquinas

Thanks

Post Re: Great experience with Mr Pen

I needed/wanted a new pen - I read the internet (not the whole lot you understand, just pertinent pieces) and I saw an amazing set of reviews for MrPens Italix Parson's Essential. So I phoned Mr Pens and spoke to the kind gentleman (Mr. Ford I think) we discussed nibs and my writing style for well over 1/2 an hour. In this world of dreadful customer service I was amazed that one firm could invest quality time into ensuring their customers needs were met. So enamoured was I that I treated myself to a Parson's in the Amber colour scheme (fine stub cursive nib). It turned up the following day. When I unboxed the rascal I was taken aback by the high quality of the pen - STUNNING. I inked up with Diamine Raw Sienna (always a brown for Mr. Beige) and set to writing. I now have the perfect pen with the perfect nib due to Mr Pens superb customer service. On issue though, the shopping experience was so good I've now got my eye on an Italix Churchman's Prescriptor from the same seller. Nice to know that a dealer has finally got it right - treat your customers well and they will always return, or send business your way. Well done Mr Pens.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilf T Beige For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (July 13th, 2014)