Thread: Where can I find a Shaeffer 612 Whale-Shark? (Blue)

Thanks

Default Where can I find a Sheaffer Intrigue 612 Whale-Shark? (Blue)

Hi.
    I bought this pen back in 2000, loved it, lost it and now just realized they don't make it anymore! I tried eBay, etc. and can't find it anywhere except in New Zealand from a sketchy ebay seller. Should I post in classifieds if I'm looking to find a seller? Or is there a less obvious place where I could find this used pen for sale? I have to believe they made thousands since I just bought it at a Staples/Office Depot back in the day.

Thanks, and I apoligize if this question should be posted elsewhere. It's my first post.
    Last edited by shaeffer612; April 26th, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,023 Posts

Default Re: Where can I find a Shaeffer 612 Whale-Shark? (Blue)

I had no idea what pen you were talking about, so I did a quick search. Must be this one:

A couple things come to mind: first off, you seem to be transposing the "a" and the "e" in Sheaffer (I notice it both in your subject title and the name you chose for yourself). If you do that in your searches, you are certainly going to get less hits than if you properly type "Sheaffer". I think you should also include the model/line name "Intrigue", as in "Sheaffer Intrigue 612".

Small details like that can yield some pretty good results. The photo above links to Teri Morris's site Peyton Street Pens, and while she is out of stock, you might want to send her an email, as she might run across one. You won't find a better person to deal with.

Good luck on the hunt, and welcome to FPG!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

It's a nice pen and what you will need is patience. They do show up for sale every once in awhile.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    It's a nice pen and what you will need is patience. They do show up for sale every once in awhile.
    Hey, Jar, can you comment on the girth and balance of the pen, especially as compared to a PFM? It looks to have a similar dimension around the "section" or however we would term it, basically the gripping area. Also looks like it might weigh more, but not having seen these before, I might track one down.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    Hey, Jar, can you comment on the girth and balance of the pen, especially as compared to a PFM? It looks to have a similar dimension around the "section" or however we would term it, basically the gripping area. Also looks like it might weigh more, but not having seen these before, I might track one down.
    It's comparable to the Legacy series, heavier than the PFM but near identical size and shape. It is well balance posted or unposted BUT the strange conic cap opening takes getting used to and the filling system can only be described as unique.
    Last edited by jar; April 26th, 2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: appalin spallin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 26th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Very sharp-looking pen!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

Great looking pen!