Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from New Hampshire, USA

Thanks

Default Re: Hello from New Hampshire, USA

welcome welcome.

i admit, i was one of the chucklers. Most of us aren't hurry to collect pens either and the next thing you know... I have 26 pens and yes I am a pen buying hiatus. while i want to focus more on inks and colours i like, right now paper (lovely letter writing) has eaten up all of my ink budget.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to caribbean_skye For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (May 2nd, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TerraNoir View Post
    Ahh. I have two journals I need to use now. I will definitely get one with TR Cream now. I love TR. So much. I do find myself caressing it just a little bit more and longer than some of m other papers.
    The TR paper is one of those things that I heard so much about, that I fully expected to be disappointed when I actually got hold of some. Au contraire! I don't know how they do it - it's so thin, but so creamy and smooth, and so FP friendly.

And if you like Diamine Twilight, just wait until you see it on the TR cream...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caribbean_skye View Post
    welcome welcome.

i admit, i was one of the chucklers. Most of us aren't hurry to collect pens either and the next thing you know... I have 26 pens and yes I am a pen buying hiatus. while i want to focus more on inks and colours i like, right now paper (lovely letter writing) has eaten up all of my ink budget.
    Greetings caribbean_skye, thanks for the welcome!

I just don't understand how one could find oneself with 26 pens. How do you pay attention to them all?

Now of course, I surely need a new pen so that I can load it up with Perle Noire. I figure a nice Blue in my Safari, the Twilight in my 45, and then something for the Perle Noire should do it. I mean, I don't want to be constantly flushing pens for different colors and so forth.

Right? Right?

Uh-oh!

Thanks

Welcome! I'm in western MA. We're practically neighbors My collection has built up over time, but trust me, it does kind of sneak up on you. Especially once you get into InCoWriMo and start getting letters from people who use beautiful pens and inks and tell you what they're using! Just stay away from the Andersons! j/k they are an amazing couple and have a great pen store (andersonpens.net), it's just that Brian has gotten me convinced I need a Visconti Wall Street....I'm trying. SO. HARD. to resist...don't think I'm going to make it though...

Thanks

Welcome. That Parker 45 likely needs a soak and will offer you hours of enjoyment again very soon.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Thanks jfsisler!

I checked out the andersonpens.net site. Whew! A little rich for my blood... for now I just mostly want to write

Quote Originally Posted by jfsisler View Post
    Welcome! I'm in western MA. We're practically neighbors My collection has built up over time, but trust me, it does kind of sneak up on you. Especially once you get into InCoWriMo and start getting letters from people who use beautiful pens and inks and tell you what they're using! Just stay away from the Andersons! j/k they are an amazing couple and have a great pen store (andersonpens.net), it's just that Brian has gotten me convinced I need a Visconti Wall Street....I'm trying. SO. HARD. to resist...don't think I'm going to make it though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Welcome. That Parker 45 likely needs a soak and will offer you hours of enjoyment again very soon.
    Yes, I was so anxious to press it back into service that I made do with what I thought was a good flushing. Finally, I gave it a good soak just yesterday - took the nib/feed out and soaked it in some solution that Platinum makes. Flakes of old ink that I hadn't even see came off, along with various weird other crud.

After I flushed it all out and such and reinked, it was a different pen! Much smoother/steadier ink flow (and more of it). In fact, I realize now that my nib is not a F as I'd thought, but rather a pretty wet M! So I need to find some ink a touch 'drier' than the super-wet Diamine Twilight I'm using now. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I use Bernake Blue from Noodlers for a faster drying ink. It can feather. I also really like the sailor inks and Visconti inks. The Visconti may be the best bet for you to try.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Default Hello from New Hampshire, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Thanks jfsisler!

I checked out the andersonpens.net site. Whew! A little rich for my blood... for now I just mostly want to write

Quote Originally Posted by jfsisler View Post
    Don't feel bad the other Brian (gouletpens.com) somehow convinced me I needed a lot of inks, Noodlers pens and both kind of Falcons :-)
    Also somehow he helped the third Brian convince me I need my own family of Edison pens

All jokes aside between the three Brians you can get almost anything you are going to need for fountain pens and writing

:-D
    Last edited by Silverbreeze; May 11th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Tom
    @silverbreeze
    ---
    Forgive any ignorance on my part.
    Any stupidity is my brain not being malleable enough to understand
    ===
    Open to anyone writing me. Will do my best to reply quickly
    ====
    Tomasz S Suchecki
    77 Meadowpark Ave North
    Stamford CT 06905-2221
    United States of America