Thread: Diamine Wild Strawberry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Diamine Wild Strawberry

INK : DIAMINE WILD STRAWBERRY

PAPER : RHODIA #16 A5 white lined

PEN : Onoto Magna 261 Medium nib tweaked for wet flow by John Sorowka (Oxonian).

Scanner : IT8-calibrated Epson V600 flatbed
    Colour Space : Adobe RGB
    Matte : 50% grey and 100% white
    Post-process : Unsharp Mask

Here is a close-up of the swab. Folks have reported a metallic sheen in this ink. It is present but it is difficult to capture....

And a close-up of the shading. This ink is only a moderate candidate for shading. Maybe reviewers with different nibs will be able to show better results...

As expected, this ink is in NO way water resistant but then Diamine never said it was...

DRYING TIMES : The writing tests above were done in a very wet medium nib that had just been cleaned. Drying times on Xerox 90gsm was around 10s. Rhodia and G Lalo Vergé were around 30s. Clairefontaine Triomphe took a good 45s to dry.

SMEARING : None on any paper. This ink bonds nicely with the paper and noes not sit on top, even on Clairefontaine Triomphe. A careless wipe with a damp finger, however, will result in the colour moving.

BLEEDTHROUGH : Since the ink is so saturated, some bleed through may be expected on copy papers with wet or fat nibs. I would not expect bleeding on dry or fine nibs or when the ink is used on a good quality paper. Given the wet nib I used above, I recorded the following... Xerox 90gsm had high bleed through and moderate feathering. Rhodia had no bleed through and no feathering. Clairefontaine Triomphe had no bleed through or feathering. G Lalo Vergé had no bleed through or feathering.

FLOW AND LUBRICATION : Flow for this ink seems to be high. I suspect even a dry fine nib will put down a good line. The ink seems "wet" and is not reluctant to penetrate the paper. Lubrication was excellent in the pen tested (my medium above). The writing experience was very enjoyable.

CLEANING : There were no colour residues left on the converter and this ink should washed out nicely. It does not cling to the pen insides. I have not cleaned the pen yet but given its behaviour in the water test I do not anticipate any problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

I am trying to get a red ink I am behind in ordering samples but this looks a bit too bright for me.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

If the Wild Strawberry is too bright, try Matador.