Thread: Sheaffer Fashion Comparison and Questions

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Fashion Comparison and Questions

I recently bought several modern Sheaffer fountain pens and am sorting through them. The first one in the picture still has the original Sheaffer sticker and identifies it as a Sheaffer 263. The 263 identifies the color as matte berry.

The second one is a little thinner and clipless It is an eighth of an inch shorter than the larger diameter one.

Is one a Sheaffer Fashion I and the other a Sheaffer Fashion II ?

What color did Sheaffer call the second one? I believe there were six different colors. In looking at the picture the bottom one appears to be very close to the color of the top one, but in actuality the difference is more pronounced. I did see an old add picturing the different colors and it appears that there were two that were very similar.

The second one has a convertor in it. I started to pull it off gently but it didn't want to come off and I did not want to risk breaking the pen, so I quit. These convertors should just pull off, shouldn't they?

Thanks,

Michael Little
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Fashion Comparison and Questions

The Fashion 2 is the thicker of them. I can't help with a colour number, though.

As far as getting the converter out, it should just pull out, but sometimes ink gets between the collar and the side of the converter and corrodes/welds them. A little penetrating oil and patience should see them apart (although the worst case of it I encountered saw the converter destroyed and a piece of the collar on a Triumph 440 still stuck to it when they finally came apart).
    Given to daily lunatic raving, but also capable of more prolonged pen-centricity.

Thanks

Honestly both look beautiful and even today it would be nice to own one. I always loved having items like these, but In last few years I was not able to buy as many as I wanted. Some of these are too expensive and I have to save up for them, but you know when you start saving for something like this something comes up and money goes. One good thing is that I was able to find sunglasses for men and women that are really good quality for reasonable price. They look and feel really good and everyone likes them a lot.
    Last edited by BigShow; August 15th, 2020 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

On top of everything else, that was lucky to find a slim converter. There are a couple model pens that used those, such as the TRZ, and they are hard to come by these days. The Fashion line certainly is pegged to a particular era, but they are a clean, handsome design and routinely good writers. Nice find.

zOMG, I fell for a zombie thread!!!
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; August 12th, 2020 at 03:56 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Ancient thread from 2014. Cool pens though!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azkid View Post
    Ancient thread from 2014. Cool pens though!
    Ah, dude, I RARELY fall for a necropost, but I did this time. My love for Sheaffer, I suppose.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Fashion has become a fascinating discussion lately. Wondering about the latest trends and styles, I stumbled upon valuable insights in this link It's great to explore how German fashion brands are making waves globally, adding more flair to our style understanding.
    Last edited by Mık Joger; January 30th, 2024 at 10:08 AM.