Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big Hello from The Netherlands! Good to see old friends names here.

Thanks

Default A big Hello from The Netherlands! Good to see old friends names here.

Hi all,
    I have been lurking around on this forum for some time. So I decided now is the moment to introduce myself.
    Lexaf. Some of you already know me by that nickname, my avatar and maybe some of my postings from the FPN forum. I have been subscribing (I still am and will stay there also) on FPN for a long long time but it makes me feel good to find this other forum with a lot of features and an atmosphere that made that other forum so much fun in the old days. Not saying any more about that.

My interest in fountain pens was started already in my school years. My first FP was given by my Dad when I was -I think - 8 or 9 years old.
    It was one of those cheap Italian 'syringe' fillers from the late 50's. It just vanished after it broke within one year or so. The pen I got after that I still have. Its a Chinese Wing Sung. Plastic barrel with an Alu cap, a steel imitation of the wrap around Triumph nib on the front end and an imitation of the famous Parker airometric filling system on the other end. It still works! The real virus bit me when about 20 years ago I found back my small collection of school pens in a drawer: aforementioned Wing Sung, a standard dark blue Parker 45 and a Montblanc Monterosa with metal cap, the first pen I bought for my self after I left school. Some years later I inherited my Dads Parker 51 and my father-in-law's beaten up Wearever. Then I realized I owned a collection! A classical case of being infected with the FP bug.... The interest became a hobby, the hobby became a passion. The collection grew and grew. e-Bay, pen shows, fora, books, etc. I developed some skills in repair and restoring the pretty plastic.

So here I am. It feels really good to find back so many names here I already was acquainted with in the International On Line Fountain Pen Community, so I think I will feel at home here soon.
    I already looked at many interesting an educational topics, not to speak of the many excellent pictures.
    It will be fun. Coming here to stay!

Cheers, Lex

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexaf For This Useful Post:

Haefennasiel (April 29th, 2015), ThriveToScribe (May 27th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: A big Hello from The Netherlands! Good to see old friends names here.

Hi Lexaf. Welcome to FpGeeks forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,023 Posts

Default Re: A big Hello from The Netherlands! Good to see old friends names here.

Lex,

Oh my. Should I ask you - AGAIN - about fixing the broken piston drive on those no-name German pens?

Nevermind. Instead, I'll offer up my usual welcome to the place (and folks, this guy has some fascinating things to share!):

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

Regards,
    Jon
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Thanks

Great to see you here Lexaf!

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 811 Posts

Welcome Lexaf to FPGeeks!!!

Thanks

Thank you Jon and all others for this warm welcome!
    Last edited by Lexaf; May 25th, 2014 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks

Thanks

Lexaf. Welcome to FpGeeks forum
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thanks

Aloha and Welcome, and MANY mahalos (thanks in Hawaiian) for the vintage German Edel-nib you sent that graces my desk, loaded with Edelstein topaz.

Thanks

welcome welcome

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Welcome and glad to meet you!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

Hi Lex,

Rendez vous in Tilburg this September?

Best wishes,

Allard
    Vintage pens are meant to be used.
    If you have any information about OWA pens made by Peter Jungmann, please let me know.
    Visit my webshop.

Thanks

Welcome, Lexaf. Please visit Akkermans for me. Wife and I had planned to be in "the mother country" about now. She is from Den Haag. Emergency. This is a good place!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by welch View Post
    Welcome, Lexaf. Please visit Akkermans for me. Wife and I had planned to be in "the mother country" about now. She is from Den Haag. Emergency. This is a good place!
    # Welch,

Hi, Thanks for the tip, and nice to read that your wife could have been my 'girl next door'.
    I know Akkerman, and its owner, Paul, quite well. ( No affiliation, just a satisfied customer).
    Its not exactly around my corner but less than half an hour on bike away from where I live.
    Akkermans is my 'home seller' for many years already. If you plan to visit them, be sure to buy some of their wonderful inks. Awsome art deco bottle and fabulous colors. I have 5 differnt colours from them: the Shocking Blue, China Town Red, Voorhout Violet, Trèves Turquose and Bekakt Haags. (For the last one in the row, ask your Dutch wife to translate... )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aborst View Post
    Hi Lex,

Rendez vous in Tilburg this September?

Best wishes,

Allard
    But of course, Allard. Still waiting for you to pay me a visit in The Hague....

Thanks

Hi Lexaf,

Wife and daughter visited the Netherlands two years ago. She dislikes fountain pens...or is not as thrilled as I am...but found Paul to be a wonderful guy. I'm almost finished a bottle of Nassau and a bottle of Binnenhof blue. Well-packed, both bottles...have several pictures of the Binnenhof because her father worked here before they moved to the US.

Thanks

Welcome
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Oops, I meant......

From your old FPN buddy.......

Mark
    Pen Addict & Pretty Good Guy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post

Oops, I meant......

From your old FPN buddy.......

Mark
    Mark, please, don't shoot the messenger...