Thread: Nemosine Demonstrator + Goulet 1.5 + R&K Salix

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default Nemosine Demonstrator + Goulet 1.5 + R&K Salix

For some reason the three just seem to go together, originally I had this with a 0.8 Nemosine nib which I found to be way too dry and dragged a lot, and didn't consistently lay out ink in an even width. Yet with only the nib changing to a Goulet 1.5 (same feed, etc) so very smooth, wet and even flowing from edge to edge.

On top of all that, R&K's Salix (iron gall) ink seems to be my favorite with the 1.5, even though it's a dryer ink, it goes down wet and even, no problems with hard-starting either and it shades nicely. This is pretty much my envelope addressing pen combination since I don't have to worry about the ink running from getting wet.

And for those curious, staining hasn't been an issue, after several weeks of using Salix, I recently cleaned the pen. At worse was a faint blue line at one portion of the converter. No other signs of staining anywhere else, even as I removed the nib/feed from the section, the bottom of the nib was clean, no buildup or anything like that (by comparison Diamine Syrah stains worse).

capped.jpg

posted.jpg

write.jpg

It scans a little more purple than it appears in person, more of a chalky blue in person.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (May 27th, 2014), TerraNoir (May 26th, 2014), trhall (May 26th, 2014), TSherbs (May 26th, 2014)