Thread: Nemosine Demonstrator + Goulet 1.5 + R&K Salix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default Nemosine Demonstrator + Goulet 1.5 + R&K Salix

For some reason the three just seem to go together, originally I had this with a 0.8 Nemosine nib which I found to be way too dry and dragged a lot, and didn't consistently lay out ink in an even width. Yet with only the nib changing to a Goulet 1.5 (same feed, etc) so very smooth, wet and even flowing from edge to edge.

On top of all that, R&K's Salix (iron gall) ink seems to be my favorite with the 1.5, even though it's a dryer ink, it goes down wet and even, no problems with hard-starting either and it shades nicely. This is pretty much my envelope addressing pen combination since I don't have to worry about the ink running from getting wet.

And for those curious, staining hasn't been an issue, after several weeks of using Salix, I recently cleaned the pen. At worse was a faint blue line at one portion of the converter. No other signs of staining anywhere else, even as I removed the nib/feed from the section, the bottom of the nib was clean, no buildup or anything like that (by comparison Diamine Syrah stains worse).

capped.jpg

posted.jpg

write.jpg

It scans a little more purple than it appears in person, more of a chalky blue in person.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (May 27th, 2014), TerraNoir (May 26th, 2014), trhall (May 26th, 2014), TSherbs (May 26th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Nemosine Demonstrator + Goulet 1.5 + R&K Salix

nice pics

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

You work for Goulet? You keep tempting me/us with these Goiulet nibs in various pens. I just wish the nibs were a little cheaper. I have a Goulet 1.1 in a Konrad, which makes it a sweet pen. But that is as far as I have gone. I work on my Nemosine nibs and get them wetter. But the Goulet sure looks nice, too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    You work for Goulet? You keep tempting me/us with these Goiulet nibs in various pens. I just wish the nibs were a little cheaper. I have a Goulet 1.1 in a Konrad, which makes it a sweet pen. But that is as far as I have gone. I work on my Nemosine nibs and get them wetter. But the Goulet sure looks nice, too.
    I don't I only have three Goulet nibs, an EF, M, and 1.5, all paid for.

The EF is in a Monteverde Invincia Deluxe Nighthawk (so technically two Goulet exclusives):

Though it has a problem of wearing it's matte coating even after just a month:

You can no longer get the nighthawks, they're completely sold out of the old and 'bottom shelf' stock, so there's no more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Purely based on aesthetics, I don't usually like the contrasting hardware but I do agree, they look good together.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    Purely based on aesthetics, I don't usually like the contrasting hardware but I do agree, they look good together.
    Originally came with a black-coated monteverde fine nib, which I didn't care for, was real picky about which inks were used with it (like it was resisting the lubrication of the black eel and such), and had a little bit of a drag to it with certain inks, though seems fine with Iroshizuku inks like ama-iro and tuski-yo. But once I put the Goulet EF on there, handles every ink I throw at it just fine. (The black coated monteverde fine is currently on my Jinhao X750 "Shimmering Sands", now that kind of matches aesthetically, currently loaded with Diamine Syrah which flows pretty well with the nib)

The Goulet nib seems to work on the Nighthawk (Especially if the brassing keeps up on the section) since it kind of draws the point of focus right to the nib while the rest of the pen is relatively stealthy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

I don't much care for the NightHawk, but I have a Prima (Brown Swirl) that I love (with Monteverde 1.1 nib, which writes wonderfully).

Thanks

I have three Nemosine Singularity fountain pens. The 1.1 nib is the one that I suppose gives feedback. It’s a touch scratchy. The 0.6 and 0.8 are smooth. I like these pens a lot.