Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Pens - tell me about your favorite

Thanks

Default Re: Pocket Pens - tell me about your favorite

Quote Originally Posted by stevekolt View Post
    Pocket pen of choice here also. Waiting for one to be announced by Brian @ Edison Pens...just wishful thinking at this point
    Brian does make a pen called the Gem. He also makes a Mini Gem. If you search his Smugmug site you'll find images.

They're custom pens that a customer asked for but he'll make them for anyone. The cap threads onto the back of the barrel, IIRC.

Not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trhall For This Useful Post:

jde (June 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

Kaweco Liliput in brass - has become my EDC, sits in my change pocket. love this little pen.

Then there's my own 'Micro Pocket Pen' - I keep forgetting to keep one for me (soon to be rectified):

And, of course, my Stipula Passaporto

and my Kaweco Al Sport

Ken

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drgoretex For This Useful Post:

jde (June 22nd, 2014), stevekolt (June 19th, 2014), trhall (June 19th, 2014)

Thanks

drgortex,
    After seeing your brass Liliput, I just ordered mine. Do you by chance have a picture of it alongside your Al-Sport? Also, your Micro Pocket Pen is a looker for sure!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevekolt View Post
    drgortex,
    After seeing your brass Liliput, I just ordered mine. Do you by chance have a picture of it alongside your Al-Sport? Also, your Micro Pocket Pen is a looker for sure!
    uploadfromtaptalk1403231730766.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403231746817.jpg

Steve,
    Hope this helps. I enjoy writing with both pens.

Thanks

Thanks dgator! Just what I was looking for!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Um, it depends on the pocket and the pen.
    This is the key, IMHO. 27 years as a soldier (so far), wearing a uniform with lots of pockets, I've become somewhat of an expert of what kinds of things should or shouldn't go in various pockets...

In general, I wouldn't carry a pen in a front pants pocket (not even a cheap ballpoint). Mainly because it's an easy way for them to get broken and then leak. There are some exceptions though. A Fisher Space Pen, for example, is no problem. A Kaweco Sport managed a year in Kandahar with no issues. I'm confident in the liliputs and FC model 40 as well, based on their size, materials and design (when capped). There are probably similar styles that would also be suitable.
    dneal,
    Sorry I missed your post earlier. This ex USN Hospital Corpsman (the p is silent) would like to say "thank you" for your service.

Thanks

We're all so "preferential!" (meant in a good way.)

My favorite pocket pens: my MYU 701, and a small Newton "Gibby." Also, the Pilot Decimo which I can clip to my shirt collar.

If something happened to those (spit on the ground, turn three times counter-clockways), I might get the Kaweco Liliput. Such a neat little pen, and glad to see so much love for it in this thread.

I'm a "pantser" with my pocket pens (except for the Decimo). They're my pens, after all, and I've learned which pens I can subject this treatment to. My jeans pockets are pretty deep. Wouldn't put a pen in a shallow pocket. Like a couple of other women have said, we don't always have shirt pockets. When it's not too hot, I wear a ScotteVest. It has two pen pockets.

Back in my, uh, ball point days, I always carried a Fisher Bullet pen on a chain around my neck. I've not found a reasonable substitute to rely upon in that manner in the form of a fountain pen. Less jostling in the pocket!
    Last edited by jde; June 22nd, 2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: punctuation

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jde For This Useful Post:

trhall (June 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

For my personal pocket pen I use a Binderized prototype Bexley Jitterbug with a broad nib.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

I like the Parker 15 / Jotter fountain pen line especially my new Red GT a nice little pen

Thanks

Got my Kaweco brass Lilliput today...very nice and fits right into my jeans change pocket. Definitely a winner here.

Thanks

My old and abused Kaweco sport - it is from the 70s and has a 14K hooded nib. Alas, the cap is now cracked, so I don't use it anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bzoto View Post
    My old and abused Kaweco sport - it is from the 70s and has a 14K hooded nib. Alas, the cap is now cracked, so I don't use it anymore.
    Try the Apple Man. Chris Hughes can turn an overlay that fits over a barrel so a cap maybe possible too.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mags For This Useful Post:

bzoto (June 24th, 2014)

Thanks

I am not counting shirt pockets, as that opens up far too many options. For that I prefer the Pelikan M100 or M150 just for the record.
    All the goodness of a Pelikan in a light, thin body.

When I think of a pants pocket pen, this was my first thought:
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivelry View Post
    Do my Sheaffer school carts count?
    The old Sheaffer school cartridge pens are thin, light, properly tapered for pocket life, write really well and are nearly indestructible.

I also admit that the Kaweco sport is probably the true king of pants pocket pens, although I would have to snob (FPGeek?) out and use one of my old piston filler versions in its little pocket sleeve instead of one of the modern cartridge models.

Pocket Pens.jpg

Thanks

I don't generally keep pens in my pants pocket, but on the rare occasion that I've had to do so, my TWSBI 540 has worked fine clipped to the corner of my pocket with the pen inside.
    Somewhat on topic... on the topic of pockets at any rate... I have a shirt that I absolutely love; the pocket has a feature that I wish every shirt of mine had... A dedicated pen pocket! You see, one side of the pocket has vertical stitching that divides off a small section of the pocket, enough to sleeve a pen. The button down flap is not stitched to the shirt over the top of this pen pocket which allows even longer pens like my 540 to fit well, though I'm not sure how much thicker of a pen would fit. Too bad more shirts don't have a pocket like this, or at least deeper pockets.
    And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow, Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings; There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet's wings. ~~Yates

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paultyler_82 For This Useful Post:

LagNut (July 2nd, 2014), Zhivago (August 16th, 2014)

Thanks

I just got a Stipula Passaporto that doesn't write. makes me sad because I love it. Just waiting to hear back from the Anderson's and hopefully I can get it fixed.

paultyler_82 Dickies brand work shirts are a nice button down that is super durable, stain resistant, with the same style pocket you mentioned. I don't know if it's stitched all the way down the pocket, but I know that my husband can fit just about anything in that pen-slit. The Jinhao 159 doesn't fit, but the Ahab and all of the TWSBI's do.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsuki yo For This Useful Post:

LagNut (July 2nd, 2014), paultyler_82 (June 25th, 2014), Zhivago (August 16th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki yo View Post
    paultyler_82 Dickies brand work shirts are a nice button down that is super durable, stain resistant, with the same style pocket you mentioned. I don't know if it's stitched all the way down the pocket, but I know that my husband can fit just about anything in that pen-slit. The Jinhao 159 doesn't fit, but the Ahab and all of the TWSBI's do.
    Thanks, I may have to look at some... or alter some of my favorite shirts the same way.
    And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow, Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings; There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet's wings. ~~Yates

23. The Following User Says Thank You to paultyler_82 For This Useful Post:

Tsuki yo (June 25th, 2014)

Thanks

Pilot Stargazer hands down.

Thanks

I made this one for myself a little over 2yrs ago. I keep it in my front pants pocket and haven't had any issues with it at all. 3 1/2" capped and 5" posted. Plus I can use this cool mini converter with it.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brooks803 For This Useful Post:

Cob (June 30th, 2014), fountainpenkid (June 27th, 2014), Lady Onogaro (June 28th, 2014), Tsuki yo (June 27th, 2014)

Thanks

Very nice work! Who makes the mini converter?

Thanks

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Brooks803 For This Useful Post:

Tsuki yo (June 28th, 2014)