Thread: Click Century

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Click Century

Has anyone got any experience with the Click Century - an ebonite fountain pen from India.

Saw one recently at an attractive price, and... well thought I might get into some Indian pen brands.

Thanks

Default Re: Click Century

I have had pretty good success with Ranga, especially the models that accommodate
    JoWo nibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Radonactionservices For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (March 21st, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

I have several Rangas, and some Kanwrites - including ebonite pens from both - and like them very much. Every single one has had a great nib and been well made. The Rangas are exceptionally good, and made individually by hand - it's well worth watching their production process video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08pUuLREZR4

I also have a couple of Click ebonites. One (an eyedropper) is lovely, the other was let down by rather cheap-looking fittings, but improved dramatically once I removed the clip and replaced the cap ring with a brass one.

Many of the Indian nibs are surprisingly good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (March 21st, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Cool! I've go a Ranga 4NC inbound - just gotta find a nib for it. Was looking to try some other brands, particularly those that are less well known outside of the country. ASA pens, who also sell other makes, appear to have nothing in stock right now, but not sure if that is a true state of affairs or if they just don't update their website. Would love to get an nice big Guider, but more specially a vintage pen with a homegrown nib.