Thread: My Positive Pilot/Namiki Pen Repair Experience.

Thanks

Default My Positive Pilot/Namiki Pen Repair Experience.

About two months ago I picked up a pre-owned Namiki Falcon. After playing around with it for a bit I liked it and had fun writing with the semi flex but had on/off issues with ink flow. I tried flushing and using different inks to no avail. It got to the point where it had trouble keeping up even when it was not flexed. Soo I decided to send it in for service.

The reason I am writing this is because when I was contemplating sending my pen in for repair, I couldn't find much about people's experience with them. I read one not so good experience but that was it. So, with my fingers crossed, I hoped for the best and sent it in. I figured a barely working pen is only slightly better than a pen that might never come back.

I contacted Namiki customer service and they gave me instructions on sending it in. They told me there is a 3 week wait. (I figured that's a rough ballpark number they pulled out of thin air and that it'll be at least a month before I see the pen again)

Well three weeks later there it was, in my mailbox! Just as promised.
    I open it up and there's the pen wrapped very well in bubble wrap and a sheet describing what was done to it.
    They replaced both the feed and the nib (although I only asked for a feed replacement), and they took care of the scratches on the pen. Plus they added a new converter (although they took the old one I sent it in with (I know it's new because I take out the metal agitator)) and an extra black ink cartridge.
    All that for no charge! (not including the ~$5 shipping to them)

I am very pleased with their service and a very happy customer.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sbl212 For This Useful Post:

conib (June 6th, 2014), earthdawn (June 6th, 2014), ethernautrix (April 28th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (June 6th, 2014), Lunaelsol (February 8th, 2018), Marsilius (June 10th, 2014), mtnbiker62 (June 6th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: My Positive Pilot/Namiki Pen Repair Experience.

They were terrific when my twelve year old Vanishing Point malfunctioned and they fixed it.

Thanks

I have one older than that that I just sold on eBay only to find out that it had a crack in the metal pocket clip. I took it back. Can you PM me the address for repair, and the phone number if you still have it?

Thanks

I would also appreciate the address for repairs, thank you!
    Mostly harmless...