So, I'm going to be doing some traveling in the not-to-distant future, and I'm visiting with some folks who are becoming big Fountain Pen fans, so I wanted to take my collection. I have one of those Monteverde 48-pen wallets, and was planning to load all of my pens into that and carry it on the plane with me.

Has anyone ever had issues with the TSA allowing them to take their fountain pens on the plane? Particularly so many fountain pens at once. I have this horrible recurring nightmare where I get to the airport, go through the TSA screening checkpoint, and they tell me I can't take my fountain pens with me because they can be used as weapons or something stupid like that. And I have to make the choice between missing my flight or getting rid of thousands of dollars of fountain pens. And I don't really want to put them in my suitcase, since I know how those things are beat up in transit.

I know I tend toward the hysterical and melodramatic anyway, but has anyone ever had issues with bringing their pens on board the plane?