Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stipula tuscan dreams arrives!

Thanks

Hmm, somewhere on my want-list is a red and black ebonite pen. And it seems to be steadily moving upwards. And a 1.1 stub/italic would make it very hard to resist. Uh oh!!

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks

Thanks Maja and Peter. I wish you were closer Peter, you would be more than welcome to give my pen a test drive!
    Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock,Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia, Parker Duofold senior special (1927 vintage), Sheaffer imperial 777,Parker 51 special,Stipula Tuscan dreams piston, Stipula Tuscan dreams Ti flex nib,1944 Vac 51.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post
    Thanks Maja and Peter. I wish you were closer Peter, you would be more than welcome to give my pen a test drive!
    Thanks for the offer, Ian. But I'm afraid for the bus fare to Vancouver I could get a Tuscan AND a few other dreams!

Thanks

That's true Peter!
    After your suggestion of the sepia ink I remembered I had a bottle of Diamine Chocolate Brown ink around. I have not used it much as in my other pens it did not look that great. At the time I purchased it I was looking for an ink that would give me a similar effect to very old pen and ink sketches that Michelangelo and others of his time did. They turn in some instances into a nicely shaded brown.

I think the Stipula comes closer to what I want than any other pen I own.
    What do you think?

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock,Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia, Parker Duofold senior special (1927 vintage), Sheaffer imperial 777,Parker 51 special,Stipula Tuscan dreams piston, Stipula Tuscan dreams Ti flex nib,1944 Vac 51.

Thanks

I like it, Ian. I don't know if my monitor is correct but it looks like a very dark brown with an ever so slight reddish air to it. That's what you're looking for with your reference to Michelangelo's sketches, right?
    In that case I still think you would like the Sepia. I'm currently using it in a Montblanc with a fine point and in the 1.3 Visconti I got from Eric (you can see a sample in its sales thread). In a Rhodia Webbie it evens out almost entirely with the fine, but with the stub it shades like crazy, if you're into that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

That Diamine Chocolate Brown looks really good with that pen.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

it really is lovely with it Ivan, though at the moment it is loaded with Hitchcock ink which again is lovely looking with it!

Thanks

The T-flex version arrived today. I had to wait for my friend to go pick it up from his po box in the States so it sat there for a month. Unfortunately the box looked damaged and when I opened the box the pen had quite a bit of the rose gold plating missing from the clip and cap band and the blind cap at the back is loose. I am hoping Farhneys understands the circumstances of my lateness in getting in touch with them and hopefully they will have another that they can supply, shame as this one was a nice low number!
    If it had just been the box I would not have worried about it but the pen is really not good!

Thanks

So sorry to hear that, Ian. I know you've been waiting a few weeks for it to arrive.
    I hope that you will be able to get a replacement with no hassle.....

Thanks

Thanks Maja. I phoned farhneys today and the woman I spoke to said their despatch department will have to look at it and confirm then they will replace it. Apparently they inspect everything before it leaves but the packaged box was unmarked, just the stipula box so I can't see how it was damaged en-route. One good thing, they are expecting more in so I will end up with a set hopefully!

Thanks

Thanks Maja. I phoned farhneys today and the woman I spoke to said their despatch department will have to look at it and confirm then they will replace it. Apparently they inspect everything before it leaves but the packaged box was unmarked, just the stipula box so I can't see how it was damaged en-route. One good thing, they are expecting more in so I will end up with a set hopefully!
    I am assuming that the package was insurance for damage and/or theft??

Well, at least they will be getting more in stock; if all the pens were sold out already, that would be very sad. Having said that, you do already have the same pen with a different nib (rose gold vs. Titanium)....but I do understand you wanting to own both. The one I saw (the rose gold-nibbed pen) is a beautiful pen indeed. Keeping fingers crossed!

Thanks

Awe, that stinks. I hope you can get the issue resolved.

Thanks

thanks KI, It is all packaged up and will be mailed back to them today so hopefully I should hear the outcome later this week. Still. If this is my only problem in the world I am very fortunate eh!

Thanks

I think there is a twitter hash tag for #firstworlproblems that I think applies.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 599 Posts

any explanation? did your friend feel envious of your find and deface it

Will

Thanks

Yeah KI, that was the phrase I was looking for! fpk, no explanation yet, it was shipped back to them today so hopefully i will hear this week

Thanks

Just an update. Just got of the phone with Farhneys, they are just waiting for some new stock to come in and they will then mail out the replacement! So, the wait continues!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

whatever will you write with in the meantime?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    whatever will you write with in the meantime?
    Ya know, I have no idea

Thanks

Ya know, I have no idea
    Really?