Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stipula tuscan dreams arrives!

Thanks

Default Stipula tuscan dreams arrives!

And one very happy camper has inked it and loves it!

I will write a review later but thought I would share a few quick photos. light is not good hear today so I will do some better shots later but I wanted to give folks an idea of the workmanship of this pen!

I am not sure if it was Eric or Dan who corrected me on the number of pens in the piston addition but they were spot on, well done guys. It has been advertised that the piston is an edition of 193. It is in fact as the guys said, 351 and mine is #36!

This pen has to be seen in person. pictures will never do it justice. The craftsmanship and quality of sculpting and casting is second to none. I am actually amazed they could do something of this quality for the price!

So, a review later but here are some shots to feast your eyes. I have posted on FPN as well. I think I am right in thinking I am the first one to have this pen on the forums which is a first for me!

Oh yes, the 14k italic 1.1 nib is wonderful!

Last edited by ianmedium; June 7th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock,Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia, Parker Duofold senior special (1927 vintage), Sheaffer imperial 777,Parker 51 special,Stipula Tuscan dreams piston, Stipula Tuscan dreams Ti flex nib,1944 Vac 51.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

thats a BIG pen! beatutiful though!

Thanks

Thank you! That is my 149 next to it. It has a lot of real estate but it is very comfortable to write with.
    Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock,Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia, Parker Duofold senior special (1927 vintage), Sheaffer imperial 777,Parker 51 special,Stipula Tuscan dreams piston, Stipula Tuscan dreams Ti flex nib,1944 Vac 51.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

is the piston higher capacity than a eturia?

Thanks

I am not sure. This is the first Eturia I have owned. Are they normally smaller than this?

Thanks

That is a work of art!

Thanks

I edited it as I realized I did no put a close up of the clip! Thank you for your kind thoughts folks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Ianmedium, Congratulations on your new pen.
    That really is a substantial clip. There are a lot of details in the clip and band. The barrel and cap have a wonderful petrified wood pattern look to them to goes well with the gold fittings.

Very stylish writing too.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post
    I am not sure. This is the first Eturia I have owned. Are they normally smaller than this?
    No Ian, this is the shape Etruria's generally come in, though some have a 'trapped converter' (not an expert, just repeating what I hear). I have a 991 LE with a B nib that is a real pleasure to use. The material yours is made of is beautiful, I really like it. I still have some reservations about the clip etc, but as you say, the craftsmanship employed to make it is really exquisite. And I envy you for the 1.1 italic. I'm afraid the T-flex is going to have a hard time competing when it arrives.
    I'm sure you will enjoy this one and may it serve you well!

Cheers,
    Peter

P.S. This looks to be one of those pens that could really use some Visconti Sepia!

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks

Congratulations, Ian! So let me get this straight....You got the piston-filler with the 14k gold nib (rose gold) and are waiting for the cartridge/converter version (also limited to 351 pens, as I understand it) with a rose T-flex titanium nib?
    What nib width will the c/c pen be? Oh, and is the pen back-heavy with the cap posted? (the clip looks heavy, but perhaps it isn't). The material of the cap, barrel and section is stunning.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Ianmedium, Congratulations on your new pen.
    That really is a substantial clip. There are a lot of details in the clip and band. The barrel and cap have a wonderful petrified wood pattern look to them to goes well with the gold fittings.

Very stylish writing too.
    Thank you, I can see what you mean about petrified wood!

Quote Originally Posted by peterpen53 View Post
    No Ian, this is the shape Etruria's generally come in, though some have a 'trapped converter' (not an expert, just repeating what I hear). I have a 991 LE with a B nib that is a real pleasure to use. The material yours is made of is beautiful, I really like it. I still have some reservations about the clip etc, but as you say, the craftsmanship employed to make it is really exquisite. And I envy you for the 1.1 italic. I'm afraid the T-flex is going to have a hard time competing when it arrives.
    I'm sure you will enjoy this one and may it serve you well!

Cheers,
    Peter

P.S. This looks to be one of those pens that could really use some Visconti Sepia!
    Darn it! I am now going to have to have a look at the sepia ink!

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    Congratulations, Ian! So let me get this straight....You got the piston-filler with the 14k gold nib (rose gold) and are waiting for the cartridge/converter version (also limited to 351 pens, as I understand it) with a rose T-flex titanium nib?
    What nib width will the c/c pen be? Oh, and is the pen back-heavy with the cap posted? (the clip looks heavy, but perhaps it isn't). The material of the cap, barrel and section is stunning.....
    Yes Maja, they were meant to arrive at the same time but it turns out the Ti nib is back ordered. I must admit I am at the moment thinking I might not bother with it. I can't wait for you to try this nib, it is a bit like the Nakaya I sold to Graham though more flexible and remember the Nakaya has the flex mottishaw nib. I think this is the Juiciest nib I have ever owned. The Aurora black flows like water from it. The rose gold finish is wonderful.

I was so surprised how big this pen is. There is a #7 on the feed, does this mean the nib is a #7 size? So flexible though and the castings and overall finish just make you want to write forever! So happy with this pen!

The pen is so big Maja I am not posting it. It is a little back heavy when done so though as the bronze casting work is not inconsiderable in weight.
    The nib of the Ti fascinates me still so I probably won't cancel thinking on it. It is meant to go from extra fine to extra broad and it would be nice to have a Ti nib in my collection.
    Last edited by ianmedium; June 8th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

While I am not wild about the pen, there is no doubt it is very striking. It is also very large and I like big pens. That nib is also showing some nice variation. Congratulations and use it in good health!
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Ian, congrats on the pen! That thing is massive! I didn't realize it was so big. And thanks for sharing the writing sample. It looks amazing.

Thanks

Hi Ian, well, the Ti-nibbed version is about half the price of its gold-nibbed cousin...so I say go for it and do not cancel the order for the Titanium-nibbed pen! I remember how nicely the Nakaya wrote and I'm glad that you have a new pen that manages to exceed that writing experience Looking forward to seeing one or both pens at our pen club meeting!

Thanks

Thanks so much Dan, it is a beast of a pen. I know you like large pens, I think you would enjoy this one. The nib is the biggest shock for me though, so flexible the way it writes it acts more like a broad stub than italic to me.

Maja, I decided to keep the order going. I think they are different enough to warrant it, looking forward to you having a go with it!

Thanks

Just some more pictures. My handwriting is not the best but hopefully you will get an idea of the line variation this lovely nib is capable of! Also a shot of the wonderful patterning of the ebonite!

Thanks

Great photos, Ian! Have you done a side-by-side photo of the pen next to your red & black ebonite Stipula Passaporto?
    The material looks very similar.....

Thanks

The nib is the biggest shock for me though, so flexible the way it writes it acts more like a broad stub than italic to me.
    Now Ian, you should not have said that. Do not lead me into temptation!

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks

Peter, if you love juicy flex nibs with lovely line variation and smooth as butter to write with then this nib is for you! It feels more like a paintbrush at times!

Here are some more pictures, still not great but they give a better idea of the grain, texture and depth of the ebonite. I love it, can't wait for the Ti nib version to arrive now!

Oh, forgot to do a side by side with the Passaporto. I would say though looking at them the grain is more detailed with the Tuscany one.

Thanks

Oh, forgot to do a side by side with the Passaporto. I would say though looking at them the grain is more detailed with the Tuscany one.
    No worries, Ian! I'll see both Stipulas (Passaporto and Tuscan dreams) at our pen club meeting next week
    Thanks for the extra photos showing the richness of the ebonite---it is a stunning fountain pen!