Thread: Paperblanks Notebooks/Journals

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Thumbs up Paperblanks Notebooks/Journals

Went through more than a few brands of journals 8 years ago when I started a daily writing habit. Some small, some unlined, some old-school types bought at Ren Faires. Paperchase, some old Composition books (blech). Eventually found the varied Paperblanks lines at a local shop and got a smaller, magnetic closure, lined book. Did the job, but I was restless with the non-uniformity of my writing efforts.

Enter all things 128 pages and their approximately 7"x9" offerings. My own writing style tends towards tall, thin script, and I alternate between fine and medium nibs. The layout of the book and the lining of the pages make for a great single-page-per-day effort. I want to write too much, the page size makes me self edit. Not much going on that day, the page size makes me get creative.

The covers are ALWAYS fascinating, running the gamut from old-style binding styles to great minds throughout history. 128 pages usually puts me around 4.5 to 5 months per journal, there is usually a back pocket to plunk random things in (postcards, stamps, address lists, whatever), and the closures are decidedly handy for keeping stuff secure.

They generally have a red ribbon bookmark attached via the spine, which has been useful for those times when I get a bit behind or realized I skipped a day many weeks past. I would recommend staying away from any sort of metallic external closure - so much cosmetic and they tend to fall off before the 5 months are up.

The paper itself always holds up well to any ink I throw at it, though that is usually Cross or Montblanc. Can't speak to other brands. Does not smear or smudge after it sets (though I make it a point to wait half a minute before closing it after writing anything. Their site has a pretty decent store locator, and Amazon (and resellers) have them as well.

And they ALWAYS class up the conference room. Highly recommend.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SanDogWeps For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (June 13th, 2014), inlovewithjournals (June 22nd, 2014)