Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Chinese Pens!

Thanks

Default Three Chinese Pens!

Try as I might I just can't like these pens, the Jinhaos are just too big and heavy for my taste. I'd love for them to go to a better home.

Pen #1: Jinhao X750, black and chrome (inked once)

Pen #2: Jinhao X450, frosted black and gold (inked once)

Pen #3: Picasso 903 (Sweden Flower King) black with gold trim; medium calligraphy nib (lightly used, has a few scratches visible below)

All pens come with their original converters and a few cartridges. I'm going to randomly pick someone to win all three pens (or if that person doesn't want all three I'll pick a second and/or third person). Since these were the first three fountain pens I purchased, tell me what your first fountain pen was to enter! Ends Monday July 7th!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bec11mort For This Useful Post:

bc.hiker (July 2nd, 2014), faithdonna (July 4th, 2014), inlovewithjournals (July 3rd, 2014), RuiFromUK (July 5th, 2014), VertOlive (July 4th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Three Chinese Pens!

I started with a three pack of pilot varsities, and then moved on to a Lamy Safari. I've been wanting to check out some Chinese pens lately.

Thanks

My first fountain pen was a Sheaffer Targa that I found at a garage sale only about 10 weeks ago! That's all it took and I was hooked! Don't have any Chinese pens so it would be great to have some to use. Thanks for the very generous PIF. Please count me in.

Thanks

I am being tempted by Chinese pens but have not gone and pulled the trigger. I have a meager collection but they are all in my daily rotation of pens. For any pen that I can not put into that rotation I have a very dear friend that home schools her children and writing is a very integral part, that I would pass on a pen that does not meet my daily use.

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

If I recall correctly my first actual purchase was the Jinhao 159 which is even bigger than that x750. I would probably put the x450 and Picasso to use and give the x750 to a friend.

Thanks

My first fountain pen ... I believe it was a plastic Pelikan model my mother bought me even before I was old enough to enter elementary school. It was turquoise and pink and started to leak after a year or so ... oh my, sweet childhood memories!
    My adventures in leatherwork (partly in English)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Polyhistor For This Useful Post:

DMurphy (July 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

I'm not entering but my first pen was a Platignum School Pen - horrid, leaky, constant inky fingers. 45 years ago!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alc3261 For This Useful Post:

DMurphy (July 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

My first pen was kaweco sport classic. I have no Chinese pens and would really enjoy these. Thanks

Thanks

Great!! I'll be interested in a review once the winner is selected. I have my impressions on the 3 pens and I'd like to see it they're similar!!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,362 Times in 3,977 Posts

I'm not entering either because I'm sure someone will put these to better use than I will, but my first pen was a Parker and I can't remember if it was a 51 or something else.

We were on holiday, so that meant I started senior school a week after term started. On the first evening, knowing no better, I did my French homework with a ballpoint pen. I was in big trouble next morning when the French teacher called out my name and asked why I had done this.
    Last edited by Chrissy; July 3rd, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

My first (ever) fountain pen was a Sheaffer (can't remember the model), given to me by my sister, I think around the age of 10 (me, not my sister). Then about 2 years ago I bought a Lamy Safari - that was a dozen pens ago. I recently bought a Jinhao X750 on ebay and I quite enjoy it. I would love to be considered for this PIF. You didn't mention about being open internationally so if it's cost prohibitive to ship to Canada I completely understand.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

Thanks

Good call! I'm 100% okay with shipping internationally! I'm really loving hearing everyone's stories.

Thanks

They look like gorgeous pens! My first fountain pen was a Lamy Joy with 1.5mm nib. After that, a Noodler's Nib Creaper. I love both of them!
    Holly
    ------
    Twitter: @Holsworth
    Instagram: @Holsworth
    Blog: beansandtoast

Thanks

My first every fountain pen was a Parker vector which given to me by my wonderful dad for my 11th birthday. It was a key motivator for me learning to write more neatly in order to gain my "pen license" in grade 6. I loved it until it went missing. I suspect sticky fingers were involved.

Thanks

Please count me in!

My first pens were a Pelikan and a Hero that I have no idea what kinds they are because I just raided my dad's stash of pen gifts he had received from work colleagues. This was years ago when I was still in uni. I almost forgot all about them until a couple of months ago when my fountain pen interest was revived after starting to teach myself calligraphy. I cleaned and inked them up again.

Thank you so much for this opportunity!

Thanks

I'll throw my hat in the ring, even if the only thing that may come from it is the ability to to recount my first fountain pen.

While digging through boxes with my father, we stumbled upon the pen he used while he was in high school. It may have been the one he used to write down my mother's number when he met her. At the time we found the box, I was in high school, and after cleaning it up a bit and getting new cartridges, the pen was back in service. It is a green translucent Sheaffer V2. I used this pen throughout high school and 8 years of collage until I received my next fountain pen as a graduation gift, a Visconti Van Gogh.

20140705_024941_resized.jpg

The power of sentimentality is amazing, because it's the most prized pen I own.
    "Hominem unius libri timeo." - Saint Thomas Aquinas

20. The Following User Says Thank You to HeresyHammer For This Useful Post:

inlovewithjournals (July 7th, 2014)

Thanks

Hi there I would like to enter. My first fountain pen was a waterman hemisphere gifted to me by my maths teacher after I showed an interest in his collection.

Thanks

That's funny you want to know our first pen. I was just playing with my first pen that started it all about twelve years ago now I guess. My very first real pen that I bought was a Sheaffer Intrigue Whale shark. I still have it and love this pen.

Thanks for the chance!

Thanks

My first 'real' FP was a Lamy 25P and luckily I found one last year to replace the one gone lost over the years.
    Regards, patta

Thanks

unfortunately, I have yet to purchase a pen. I am a writing utensil geek, and extremely interested in fountain pens to archive what I have learned so far studying electrical engineering. (I plan to have handwritten books of my notes)

Since I am a poor college student, Im thinking of getting the lami safari as a starter.

Thanks for the opportunity!