Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moleskine Dot Grid Notebook

Thanks

Default Re: Moleskine Dot Grid Notebook

I bought a pack of two Moleskines a while back. I prefer dot grid. You saved me some future money. I prefer fountain pen friendly paper. I started using the Moleskine before I bought my first fountain pens. Then I bought Field Notes. Some FN works better than others with fountain pens. Sadly the FN dot grid I bought was not fountain pen friendly either. The Rhodia so far is the best fountain pen friendly dot grid I've found. But I like the size of the Moleskine, or FN better. The Rhodia pad I have is very small. It also opens from the top. I prefer a side opening notebook. Thanks for the review on this. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

I also just found out that Moleskine writing notebooks are not fountain pen friendly.

The feathering is not that bad (in my opinion) but the bleed-through is bad.

I can't use the other side of the page.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    I also just found out that Moleskine writing notebooks are not fountain pen friendly.

The feathering is not that bad (in my opinion) but the bleed-through is bad.

I can't use the other side of the page.
    Yeah...I just live with the one-sided aspect. I've got a Mole pocket notebook (lined, though) serving now as my bag-crafting notebook. Not much bleed, major show-through.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

I have never had luck with Moleskines and fountain pens, even using fine nibs. I would always point to Rhodia for fountain pen use as the clairefontaine paper is very fountain pen friendly. I have moleskines and use pencil or biro with them though I still get some show through and ghosting with both those. They are a nice design but I don't rate the paper much.

Thanks

The planners works fairly well for me.
    Except the slim panoramic weekly planner, but that one got thinner paper.

The notebook paper bleed through.

Thanks

Default Moleskine Dot Grid Notebook

I have an issue on pronouncing the Moleskine name. I was told there is no right or wrong way to say it; however, I feel the "mole-skin" pronunciation is too pedestrian. So, I find myself making it exotic (mole-uh-SKEEN-ay) or "mole-SKEEN." Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inkflow View Post
    I have an issue on pronouncing the Moleskine name. I was told there is no right or wrong way to say it; however, I feel the "mole-skin" pronunciation is too pedestrian. So, I find myself making it exotic (mole-uh-SKEEN-ay) or "mole-SKEEN." Thoughts?

If you Google 'how to pronounce Moleskine you get several entries and among those is one that says the Company is asked this question frequently. There is no specifically correct way, and that's what they like about it.

Some say mole skin, some say mole skina, some say mole skeen, some say mole uh skin. Say it however you like and be happy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Inkflow (November 20th, 2017)

Thanks

Bahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jop View Post
    Went to a pen show with someone and she insisted that they were called Moleshskeeny, said she was quarter Italian so she just knew.

I asked if her grandfather was Sean Connery but she didnt get it.

Thanks

I used a Moleskine dot grid notebook (or is it journal?) in a format they call "Chapters". It is a bit thinner than the standard large cahier. I think it fits a Midori traveler's notebook size. Anyway, I sued it for a travel journal. I enjoyed having the easy-to-find chapter divisions. That allowed me to keep separate types of things handy. So one chapter was all the flight details and all arrival and departure times and all confirmation numbers and details like that. And other chapters were date-based notes about the places I visited. When I returned home, the little notebook became a great resource for recalling events from travel.

I used X-Feather ink and an Ahab pen (without flexing it) so feathering and bleed through were no issue. Also - and this is strictly a personal thing - I never write on the left hand page, only on the right page. It is odd, I guess, but I was trained to do that by my physics professor. He insisted on that for our lab notebooks.

Thanks

It's an old post, but did anyone come up with a good pen and ink combination for Moleskine? I use basic Parker Quink in a reasonably priced pen. The pen doesn't let out too much ink, the nib is fine to medium, and I can write on both sides of the paper. It doesn't show through more than pencil or ball point. Pencil can always be done very lightly, but still...
    Last edited by arrow; May 5th, 2019 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    It's an old post, but did anyone come up with a good pen and ink combination for Moleskine? I use basic Parker Quink in a reasonably priced pen. The pen doesn't let out too much ink, the nib is fine to medium, and I can write on both sides of the paper. It doesn't show through more than pencil or ball point. Pencil can always be done very lightly, but still...
    I still find the best results on Moleskine papers using Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black and my normal nibs are F or EF - Pelikan ones as it happens. However, Platinum Blue-Black is pretty good as well.
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)
    "Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thanks

I'm writing with a Pilot PO-nib (on a nice 743) in my Moleskine notebook and it works very well with most inks (Diamine, Iroshizuku, Kyo-no-oto).
    As I still have too many Moleskines NBs, I'm glad that I've found a solution.
    And the PO nib is wonderful on pretty much any paper. Love it on Leuchtturm and TR as well.