Thread: Moleskine Dot Grid Notebook

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Moleskine Dot Grid Notebook

I've had relatively good luck so far using fountain pens in Moleskine notebooks, particularly the XL grid notebooks (as long as I use an extra fine or fine nib). When I saw they were coming out with dot grid notebooks I absolutely had to have one. I dropped $20 and picked one up so I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else was tempted by these notebooks.

I got the notebook in ocean blue, and the color is beautiful. I don't have any photos of the cover because I've already torn it off the notebook to use as the cover for a different notebook (if that tells you anything about my opinion of the paper). The paper is the usual smooth off white paper that Moleskine is known for with a grid dark grey dots. The dots are faint and I love the look of them.

The paper took ink quite well with minimal feathering (even with Noodler's Rome Burning which feathers on everything I've tried except for tomoe river paper).

I tried to stick to finer nibs, but the bleedthrough was still terrible. Several of the inks even bled through the back of the page onto the next sheet. I wouldn't recommend these notebooks for fountain pens. Even the pencil and ballpoint pen ink was visible on the back of the page.

Has anyone else tried the dot grid notebooks, or was the name Moleskine enough to keep you away from them? Incidentally, if anyone is interested in trying the paper, I'd be happy to mail you a few sheets before I recycle the rest of this.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bec11mort For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (July 5th, 2014), da vinci (March 13th, 2015), Faustine (July 13th, 2014), jacksterp (July 12th, 2014), Jeph (July 12th, 2014), KKay (November 7th, 2015), LagNut (July 14th, 2014), pica pica (March 19th, 2015), ullixx (July 23rd, 2014)