Thread: Sheaffer Valiant repair referral

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Valiant repair referral

I'm pretty sure I have a Sheaffer Valiant, white dot, vac fill, red striated, 14K Lifetime nib. The plunger moves freely but the vac is gone. Needs to be repaired. I know Ron Zorn does wonderful work on these pens but he is not accepting any more work until after a pen show sometime in August. He has a great backlog of pens to repair and is catching up. I tried another repair person, explained to him what I had, he told me to send him the pen, he'd fix it. Then yesterday got the pen back in the mail with a note saying 'sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't make this kind of repair.' So, back to the drawing table. The pen is similar to the Sheaffer Balance and Touchdown pens, but the ring is a little different. It's definitely not a Touchdown, Balance or a Triumph. Did quite a bit of research to determine which model it is and the closest info and photos I could find were that of the Valiant model. Just did a little more research and see that it very well could be a Sheaffer 1250, also see that both Triumphs and Valiants can be referred to as '1250'. The nib on the pen may be a Triumph 14K platinum/gold two-toned nib. The ring on this pen is not as wide as that of the Triumph, but it's very wide with two scores on both ends of the ring. If the forum permits it - and it might not - any referrals for a repair person would be welcomed. I'm not trying to violate any forum rules, but am new here and am not sure if repair referrals are prohibited. My apologies, if that is the case. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Valiant repair referral

You could send it to Danny Fudge at The Write Pen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeph For This Useful Post:

Austin_Malone (July 17th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

+1 on Danny Fudge. Another great vac restoration person is Gerry Berg. PM me if you want contact info for him.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Tried Danny Fudge, he returned the pen to me and stated that he did not make repairs to this Sheaffer model.

Thanks so much for the leads though. Will send out a PM for Gerry Berg's contact info.

Appreciate the responses!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Got it, check your PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

IMG_3708.JPG

This is a Valiant II (94W) with a price code of "1250".

GB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

A little late in the thread, but just in case peeps still shopping around.

There's also Sean (aka Write on Time restoration) who could do it. He's restored all of my sheaffers, and currently does full restoration (new sac, new seals, cleaning, hand polishing of entire pen, nib/feed adjustment), priority shipping back, and 1 year warranty for $40.

Not a Valiant, but this was the latest Sheaffer he restored for me, a Carmine Striated Lady Balance which was a chew toy before he got his hands on it.

Thanks

I'd second Danny Fudge, or Grandmiapens.com they are the ones whose work I have seen in person and was satisfied with. Danny is a great guy and Grandmiapens.com's Steph does videos on youtube so you can see his work.

Thanks

Sherrell Tyree of Ink-pen.com was where we sent our Vac-fils before we were able to do the repairs in house.
    Teri Morris
    Owner, PEYTON STREET PENS
    www.peytonstreetpens.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terim For This Useful Post:

Jeph (July 18th, 2014), mrcharlie (July 18th, 2014)