Thread: Ballpoint Identification: Vintage Treasure or $2 Junk?

Thanks

Question Ballpoint Identification: Vintage Treasure or $2 Junk?

Before I start, there doesn't appear to be a pen identification thread to post our "what pen is this?" questions. Is this something the forum could benefit from? Forgive me if it already exists - I'm new here.

So, what pen is this?

Jokes aside, I found this pen while clearing out the apartment of a dear relative who passed away recently. He was 91 and grew up during the depression, so his disposition was to keep everything whether it was valuable or not. He may have picked this up when he lived in Italy during the 50s, but on the other hand, it could be something he won in a Christmas cracker five years ago.

It's gold in colour but has no hallmarks or branding and is quite light in weight. It measures roughly 13cm long and 0.8cm wide. It has three fake jewels on the clip, one of which has been replaced with a different colour. It came in a nice cardboard box without branding.

It looks a bit like a Sheaffer Targa because of the size and shape, but it could just as easily be two-dollar junk.

I'll be keeping it in my collection for sentimental value but it would be nice to hear its history and origins if that's something worth knowing.

Thanks for your help,

Stephen
    Last edited by tojeem; July 14th, 2014 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Ballpoint Identification: Vintage Treasure or $2 Junk?

Update: Underneath the padding in the box I found a telltale "Made in China" sticker. Looks like it is cheap after all.

Sorry to waste your time everyone.