Thread: Should religious leaders....?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member spotted and speckled's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Should religious leaders....?

My sister lives in an area where there is a shortage of good churches, but no shortage of places that call their buildings churches. After a 2 year search, she found one that she likes. Pastor is great, biblical, personable, etc. He has put someone in the pulpit several times recently that has a very humanistic view of scripture (as opposed to a God-centered viewpoint), which disturbs her. The regular pastor does not have this human-oriented theological viewpoint.

I'm in a different city, so I have missed the fill-ins sermons. But the pastor has started posting stuff on Facebook & twitter about some product he has been using to help him lose weight, feel better, etc. He's not selling it, but I think his wife is. I don't think my sister has seen this and I haven't discussed it with her. This disturbs me, maybe because I have previously seen church turn into a business for some leaders.

Should a religious leader use his/her platform to advance a product, or a political agenda, or anything else? (Edit--anything not related to doctrine or education of doctrine)

Thoughts? Opinions?
    Last edited by spotted and speckled; July 17th, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Much Love--

--Virginia