Thread: DayRunner Life Tracker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

Default DayRunner Life Tracker

Hi,

When I was up in St. Louis visiting my folks, I went into a Big Lots store with my Mom. I took a look at the stationery aisle as I had read that people sometimes found Kokuyo notebooks there. I picked up a "Day Runner Life Tracker" notebook that in many ways resembles a Midori Traveler's Notebook except that it has a plastic cover and a different kind of rubber band/elastic (Chris Davis uses these with his notebooks). It is advertised as customizable, with calendars, expense logs, address books, etc. The one I bought contained three notebooks: a ruled notebook, a graph paper notebook, and a plain paper notebook.

I was curious about the paper and whether it would work well with fountain pens. The short answer is it will not. No matter how fine the nib, there was a good bit of bleed through, and in many instances, this was true of gel pens, too. I tried the following pens:

Jinhao Elegant Writer with a medium nib
    Pilot Custom 74 with a fine nib
    Lamy AL Star with a fine nib
    TWSBI Mini with an extra-fine nib

I will say though, that if you want to write on one side of the paper only, the bleed-through is not pronounced enough to go through to the next sheet of paper. Also, the paper is very white, and makes a nice contrast with most inks.

The pens that the paper worked the best with were these:

Uniball Signo 207 Retractable Gel Ink Pen
    Uniball 0.5 Jetstream
    Pilot Hi-Tec C Maica
    Sanrio Hello Kitty gel pen
    Uniball Hello Kitty Crystal Ballpoint Multi-Pen
    Pilot G-2 (with teal ink)

There will 2 gel pens I tried that bled through the paper:

Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen
    and a "mystery" gel pen that my husband's co-worker gave him (not labeled with a maker, but the quality of the ink was similar to that of the Pilot Choose pen).

Anyway, it looks like it will be a fun notebook for anyone who would like a notebook for certain gel pens, ballpoint pens, and pencils.

The notebook cost me about $5.50 or so. It seems to be discontinued.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Jeph (July 20th, 2014), RuiFromUK (July 21st, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: DayRunner Life Tracker

Thanks for the review.

Those types of stores seem to be hit or miss many times. Worth checking occasionally because you never know when you'll get "lucky."

Thanks

When you're done, copy and paste the combined PDFs into a Word document as a сombine PDF files online. You can then edit it as needed, or convert it to a Word document with our free online converter.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajnsia418 View Post
    When you're done, copy and paste the combined PDFs into a Word document as a сombine PDF files online. You can then edit it as needed, or convert it to a Word document with our free online converter.
    SPAM reported!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (February 3rd, 2024)

Thanks

Default Robert brazil

Linux is known for being fast and smooth, whereas Windows 10 is known for becoming increasingly slow over time. Linux is faster than Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, and it has a modern desktop environment and operating system qualities, whereas Windows is slow on older hardware. Get more information rufus wainwright .

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

SPAM RPTD
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

INeedAFinancialAdvisor (February 22nd, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (February 22nd, 2023)

Thanks

Moving is a big investment, both financially and emotionally. By reading through customer testimonials and speaking with references, you can feel more confident in your decision to hire a particular moving company. You'll know that other people have had positive experiences with that company, and you'll be able to trust that they'll provide you with the same level of service. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6BwJNyOrTY

Thanks

I recently came across a "Day Runner Life Tracker" notebook at a Big Lots store. The notebook cost me about $5.50 which made me think of angel numbers. Maybe it's a signal from the universe.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Funny how the spammers never bump this thread:

Dogs eatin’ homework and other tall tales - or the EoC great spam mistake

New members should heed the warning in red at the top of the first post, if you don’t like drama.

You’ve been on quite a tear David, so this will be the response to every spam post I come across - as the mood strikes me.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

INeedAFinancialAdvisor (February 3rd, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (February 3rd, 2024)