Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned From FPN?

Thanks

Default Banned From FPN?

If you suddenly and mysteriously cannot post on FPN, I suppose that means you are banned?

If so it will save me some money.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pajaro For This Useful Post:

Frank (July 20th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: Banned From FPN?

My goodness, I'd never think that would happen to you! I bet it is a glitch.

Though I've been wrong before.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Your membership status shows you Online. It must be a glitch. Try clearing your browser cache, and such like.

But there is also a member x.pajaro.x who joined last year july, has not been online since, and never posted. Might there be a connection?
    Last edited by mhguda; July 20th, 2014 at 03:38 PM.
    De pen is machtiger dan het zwaard - de pen wordt nog gebruikt, het zwaard hangt aan de muur...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pajaro View Post
    If you suddenly and mysteriously cannot post on FPN, I suppose that means you are banned?

If so it will save me some money.
    Lol
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

Thanks

I had gone through the internet settings in Explorer, but I eventually found that a few sites had been set to a "compatibility view." Removing them from the compatibility view fixed the problem. Rats. I think I have reached the end of buying pens though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pajaro For This Useful Post:

archaturism (March 4th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pajaro View Post
    I think I have reached the end of buying pens though.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, wait: were you being serious?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

auto winder (July 24th, 2014), spotted and speckled (July 21st, 2014), Steph (July 22nd, 2014), Tracy Lee (July 21st, 2014), Tsuki yo (August 8th, 2014)

Thanks

I thought I was. Who knows? I actually went through my ebay saved searches without watching one pen today. No bids either. I did look at one 51 plum set somebody commented about, but it was a demi for $150, a bargain, but I passed. Already have the full sized version. It's almost more exciting selling the pens. Will anyone bid on the NOS 51 set or not? One guy did, and it sold for $23 a few years ago. I had actually paid $28, so I lost $5.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pajaro For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (July 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

Given the antics that occur on the FPN from time to time being banned could nearly be considered a blessing, but it looks like you'll just have remain "un-blessed" for the time being !!. On a more serious note you really do have to seriously annoy someone over there to attract "punitive action" and then it's a generally a warning first.

Regards
    Hugh

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HughC View Post
    On a more serious note you really do have to seriously annoy someone over there to attract "punitive action" and then it's a generally a warning first.

Regards
    Hugh
    You couldn't be more wrong. Punitive action is arbitrary, inconsistent, at the whim of individual moderators and often without much of a warning. I am talking from experience. And no, it isn't sour grapes, as many FPN friends will attest.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Chemyst (February 27th, 2017), Dreck (July 22nd, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Given the antics that occur on the FPN from time to time being banned could nearly be considered a blessing, but it looks like you'll just have remain "un-blessed" for the time being !!. On a more serious note you really do have to seriously annoy someone over there to attract "punitive action" and then it's a generally a warning first.

Regards
    Hugh
    It also seems to highlight just who the "protected" members are of that forum, especially when they go thru all the trouble to hide any wrong doing by that specific member and then suspend you for a month for being in the right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    On a more serious note you really do have to seriously annoy someone over there to attract "punitive action" and then it's a generally a warning first.

Regards
    Hugh
    You couldn't be more wrong. Punitive action is arbitrary, inconsistent, at the whim of individual moderators and often without much of a warning. I am talking from experience. And no, it isn't sour grapes, as many FPN friends will attest.
    As one not welcome over at FPN I'm well aware of the antics of Wim Geeraets and some of his merry band of moderators ( there are some very good moderators there). Maybe I was being a bit too lenient with my views !! Unfortunately it's an environment that fosters the egos and bullying nature of a few mods, a clear sign of Wim's poor management style and a sad reflection on a few.

Regards
    Hugh

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

I had an issue with one of the MODs there and ended up permanently having my posting privileges removed. But that was after I told them I was leaving anyway but kept my account since I can at least read posts on repairs and pen information and what not. But I had no plans on ever participating in discussion on the site again anyway.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RayCornett For This Useful Post:

nigh means near (August 7th, 2014)

Thanks

I've not really had much to do with the moderators on FPN however I don't really know why but I have come to prefer this place over FPN. Thank goodness for that black out over Christmas as that was the reason I set up an account here.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to top pen For This Useful Post:

Frank (July 25th, 2014), Jon Szanto (July 22nd, 2014), nigh means near (August 7th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Yeah, you really don't have to do much to get permanently banned. I am. And nope, didn't get a warning first. My horrible crime was expressing concern about the new paid tier scheme they enacted for the selling forum back when it went live. At least that's my guess, because my account can no longer post *or even view* FPN. Never did get any message explaining why. So there ya go, be careful out there people!
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

Escaliba (October 19th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Yeah, you really don't have to do much to get permanently banned. I am. And nope, didn't get a warning first. My horrible crime was expressing concern about the new paid tier scheme they enacted for the selling forum back when it went live. At least that's my guess, because my account can no longer post *or even view* FPN. Never did get any message explaining why. So there ya go, be careful out there people!
    You were banned from FPN?! I became weary over the Noodler ink/pen threads and the clear deference to the pro-Noodler side from the mods and I'm a huge Noodler's fan. When the Ahab was released, I began to suspect that some of the posters who would jump in defense of Noodler's where either favorites of the mods or on Noodler's payroll; they were never chastised over their behavior. Then I came over here, I found out about all sorts of crap going and some of my local buddies that sold on FPN started telling me horror stories about how the forum was treating the sellers. I still peruse the classifieds, but they will not get one thin dime from me.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicLeo For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (July 23rd, 2014)

Thanks

I'm very surprised that I haven't had any dealings with the MOD's yet after 1600 posts on FPN I mean I try to stay on the right side of things however things seem sound from here a little harsh. The only thing that comes close was I asked whether I was planning on pricing some pens fairly and the post was taken down as it may lead to a sale or something.

Thanks

First, Noodler's is a one man show, except for actual creation of the pen which happens in India. Secondly, I have never heard a real FPN horror story, just vague accounts of moderators abusing their power.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Malone View Post
    First, Noodler's is a one man show, except for actual creation of the pen which happens in India. Secondly, I have never heard a real FPN horror story, just vague accounts of moderators abusing their power.
    I'm not sure what the size, scope, and citizenship of the Noodler's operation has to do with anything. With his approach and his products, Nathan Tardiff manages to evoke strong feelings; I'm not certain of your point in this matter.

As to FPN, well... that is your experience. There are plenty of people here who have read about well-meaning members being abused, and there are people here who have been affected by their moderation policies. People who, in any rational consideration, deserved a lot better treatment.

And I stand by that assessment.

~ Benjamin Franklin

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (July 22nd, 2014), nigh means near (August 7th, 2014), pengeezer (July 31st, 2014), reprieve (July 23rd, 2014), Sketchy (July 24th, 2014)

Thanks

I was actually kind of inviting some new stories, because, if they really treat their members that poorly, I may delete my account. And I think someone said that something about ''on Noodler's payroll'' and I wanted to emphasize his personal contributions, and to make sure no one was actually assuming that Noodler's pays people to create propaganda for the brand. I agree completely that moderators are a bit unreasonable. I just thought maybe there were others like me who would benefit a detailed example. I'm in High School, and therefore have learned never to just go with the crowd, or you end up looking like an ass. If you really want my ''point'' on this post, it was to provide information to an individual, and to represent a group of which the size is unknown, the ignorant ones of the bunch (me included).

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Austin_Malone For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (July 22nd, 2014), Marsilius (July 22nd, 2014), raging.dragon (July 23rd, 2014)

Thanks

Austin, thanks for the clarification. I can't speak directly to the issue of Noodler's other than I've been involved in threads regarding his marketing (with his inclusion of politics in the product), and have seen a few somewhat-heated discussions in that vein. As to the moderation and treatment of members, I can go back and find a few threads, especially when FPN was down for a while. What I *don't* particularly want to do is resurrect a feud mentality, which does occur. I'll just send you some links in a PM, if I can find the threads. It won't be until later, as I must leave for an event.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

~ Benjamin Franklin

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Austin_Malone (July 22nd, 2014), Marsilius (July 22nd, 2014)