Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Give Away #4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Welcome Give Away #4

Are you guys getting sick of free stuff yet? No? Great! Because now we’re giving away 4 vintage bottles of Sheaffer Skrip Ink to four lucky winners, one bottle each. And yes, these are the bottles with the little ink well in the top. To enter, just post a reply telling us what your favorite color is. You have until 11:59pm on Sunday April 11th, 2010 to leave a reply and be entered into the contest. The winners will be randomly selected and sent an email as well as be posted in the forum thread.
    Last edited by dannzeman; April 6th, 2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: corrected the date the contest ended

Scuderia-F1

Since I donīt have an fp yet I donīt have any favorite, but I really like Mont Blanc Racing Green, and I also think that red inks are very underrated!

James

Oy! My favorite color changes with the seasons. Right now, I'm big on green... I just came off of grey during winter, and come summertime, I expect that my favorite will rotate to orange.

gillyohan

My favorite color is blue. For FPs, I mainly use Noodlers Bad Blue Heron and Lamy Blue-Black (iron gall).

Thanks

Favorite ink color? that depends on what I'm doing. For general writing it is Black or Blue Black; corrections to written materials - red, lately Diamine Monaco Red; for highlighting, Year of the Golden Pig - I'm going through that stuff like water.

Thanks

Default Re: Welcome Give Away #4

Green especially blue green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blogs: Via Gravatar

Twitter: FPOkami

Flickr: Flickr

Gapato

I like dark green (Zhivago !). I'd like to try brown though.

JohnCruzNg

I love the color orange. My favorite ink is Noodler's Apache Sunset Orange because it has great color variations ranging from a deep red-orange to a light orange. I also like the color red which Noodler's Apache Sunset Orange has a ton of.

Thanks

Default Re: Welcome Give Away #4

I live all shades of purple. My current fab is Diamine Amazing Amethyst.

Thanks

This week I am currently loving brown (Noodler's Walnut). It's not to dark or to red in color.

Sharkbait

I love blue!(Bad Blue Heron)

Thanks

Blue. Especially a nice vivid blue with strong purple undertones. Private Reserve Tanzanite is great, as is Aurora Blue.

Bourgeoisie

My favorite color is purple - deep rich purple, but I prefer blues for FP's. Well, actually I can't really say I prefer blues... Ive never written with a purple =P
    I like MB Black because I see a deep purple in it; if there were just a bit more I would be my favorite.

sokuban

I'm a little confused about the time this contest is over, but everyone still seems to be posting, so I might as well post.

My favourite colour for writing is black, red, or brown. I don't really like blue or blue-blacks as much, or reds that are too bright.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sokuban View Post
    I'm a little confused about the time this contest is over, but everyone still seems to be posting, so I might as well post.

My favourite colour for writing is black, red, or brown. I don't really like blue or blue-blacks as much, or reds that are too bright.
    Woops! Thank you for catching that. The time has been updated.

Thanks

Sailor Kiwa-Guro

Ted H

Blue, but I write with black, mostly.

Thanks

I found a color that Richard Binder identified as Burple that I really like. It is sort of blue with a a hint of purple mixed into the blue ink. It makes a dark shade of blue.

Thanks

Lately i've been using Waterman South Seas (Blue), Waterman Violette (Purple), Waterman Havana (Brown), rOtring Brillant Brown and Parker Penman Ruby Red. Besides being very beautiful and very good quality, they're also nice for a change as i do (did) most of my writing with black or blue inks (which i like, a lot, and think to be essential colors).

Ricardo.

SProctor

Default Favorite Color?

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    To enter, just post a reply telling us what your favorite color is.
    That one is always a difficult question for me... I guess it depends on mood, color of the stock I'm writing on and several other sort of ambiguous factors. Then when you add in the fact that I am colorblind and may not even be using the color that I think it is... well you get the picture. Needless-to-say, I try to avoid mixing my own inks.

The wife sometimes gets a little frustrated with me asking her "what color is this?" or "Does this color go with this other color?" Thank goodness for labels on the bottles!

Very Best Wishes,
    Stephen P.