Thread: Leaky Waterman

Thanks

Default Leaky Waterman

My Waterman Charleston seems to be leaking from the top part of the section, where it meets the body of the pen. It is very difficult to see-in fact I can't see the crack. I can see the ink that spills out into the inside of the pen, the threads and my hand. But I am pretty sure that is where it is coming from.

What can be done to seal this up?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Could you take a picture of where this is happening? I'm a bit hesitant to reccomend silicone grease if I don't know where the leak is....

Best!

Will

Thanks

Do you mean leaking from the top when you write with it unposted. I have a vintage Harmonie that leaks that way and I'm hesitant to use it even though it's one of my favorites for this reason.

Thanks

I don't have a camera, believ it or not, but I'll try to get a picture of it soon from someone.

Leaking from the top? Not really, it is the part of the section that meets the pen body. There is a very fine seem there it seems and that is where I suspect the leak is coming from.

Thanks

Oh I see, your pen leaks from the section where the nib and pen body meet, is that right? Mine leaks around the little gold button at the top and I can't for the life of me figure out how. I thought it was just because I didn't have the converter in properly but I'm not sure what's going on.........