Thread: Meijer's Argentina-Made Filler Paper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default Meijer's Argentina-Made Filler Paper

Around here I don't luck out in finding Brazilian made paper, even though we have a Staple's here. So when I saw this pack as Made in Argentina instead of Made in U.S.A. (which is most of the paper around here), I figured just maybe if they use the same kind of wood source and processing, that it may share similar consistency and decent feather/bleed control.

The cover with some details:

So I write some lines with various pens.

The paper is a nice smooth surface, all of my pens moved rather smoothly on it, but not too smooth (ie: some pens don't get enough traction or absorbency to flow right away if the paper is too smooth, in this case all my pens flowed well).

Click the image for a 600 DPI scan size. I also did some lines in two rollerballs, ballpoint, and mechanical pencil for "Normal" comparison.

There is feathering on almost all of the lines, except the fibers are consistent and tight, so instead of being very blurry or spidery, it basically gives a softer appearance. Bleed isn't too bad, both sides are pretty usable, the above I had written on the back with the medium goulet nib and Waterman Intense Black.

Some Mead 5-star front and back for comparison (600dpi):
    http://static.karlblessing.com/paper...2014_front.jpg
    http://static.karlblessing.com/paper...72014_back.jpg

It's not too shabby, it's $1.99 for a 100 sheets of the "reinforced" hole punched paper (basically a plastic strip over the hole punched edge), I didn't see any sitting around with-out the reinforced strip to see if it was any cheaper than that.

On the write sample above, the pen/nib/ink combination I would not use with it are:
    - Pilot Metropolitan, Fine Steel Nib, Pilot Black (fuzzy feathering near end of lines)
    - Faber-Castell BASIC, Steel Fine, Noodler's Blue Steel (feathering not bad, bleed shows more prominently though, especially at start/stop points)
    - Pilot Elite Mini, 18K Soft Fine, Noodler's Blue-Black (Feathering rather noticeable, bleed sporadic/spotty, a little less than the FC BASIC)
    - Pilot Falcon, 14K Soft Fine, Noodler's Apache Sunset (Feathering noticeable, not as bad as Elite Mini, Bleed-thrus near start/stop points)
    - Sheaffer Touchdown Statesman, 14K Fine, Binnenhof Blues (overall darker bleeding, more so ).
    - Pilot Metropolitan, Medium Nib, Noodler's Sequoia Green (feather/bleed pretty noticeable).
    - Snorkel Admiral, Medium 14K, Noodler's Black Eel (some feathering, mostly overall bleeding in spots)
    - BIC Z4+ Rollerball (no feathering, but has a darker overall see-thru than even the 159 with Waterman I.Black)

Pens/ink combo I'd most likely use with this one (especially if the ink is waterproof* and 'acceptable' in appearance):
    - Montblanc 225, EF 14K, Noodler's Black eel*
    - Platinum Century 3776, 14K Soft Fine, Akkerman Shocking Blue
    - Nemosine + Goulet 1.5 Stub, R&K Salix* (bolder writing, show-thru/bleeding not nearly as bad as expected)
    - Eversharp Skyline Demi, 14K F, Noodler's Liberty's Elysium* (feathering rare, very tiny bit near end points, some showthru)
    - Sheaffer Touchdown Admiral (Accounting, Spearmint), Milady Balance (EF/F, Blue Steel) (next to no feathering, very little show thru)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

Jeph (July 30th, 2014), RuiFromUK (July 30th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Meijer's Argentina-Made Filler Paper

If you are unable to move into your new home right away, you may need to store your belongings in a storage unit. Your moving company may offer storage solutions, but there will be an additional charge for this service. Car Transport Rates Morgantown