Thread: My Studio paint was chipping off so I took it all off. I love the new look of the pen

Junior Member ihaveafountainpen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default My Studio paint was chipping off so I took it all off. I love the new look of the pen

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ihaveafountainpen For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (August 5th, 2014), Crazyorange (July 30th, 2014), earthdawn (August 4th, 2014), Fawkes (August 13th, 2014), jadehawk (July 30th, 2014), Jeph (July 31st, 2014), krazyklod (August 4th, 2014), Mesu (November 4th, 2014), onepuff (July 30th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: My Studio paint was chipping off so I took it all off. I love the new look of the

I agree. That looks a lot better and makes it look like a more expensive pen. Did you abrade or polish the metal surface at all?

Thanks

Default Re: My Studio paint was chipping off so I took it all off. I love the new look of the

Quote Originally Posted by onepuff View Post
    I agree. That looks a lot better and makes it look like a more expensive pen. Did you abrade or polish the metal surface at all?
    Scraped it off with a razor blade as it wouldn't scratch the metal. I gave it a quick wipe with metal polish but nothing extensive.

Thanks

Looks very nice..
    May The Force Be With You!! ---

Thanks

That's nice, I might try that with mine. It's annoying how easily the finish chips on the Studio, I barely had mine a few months when I saw the first mark.

Thanks

I've noticed my Royal Red Studio has some chips on the end of the cap where it meets the pen body. It's really annoying and yours looks great but I love the red so won't be doing anything to mine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newjelan View Post
    I've noticed my Royal Red Studio has some chips on the end of the cap where it meets the pen body. It's really annoying and yours looks great but I love the red so won't be doing anything to mine.
    I'd be tempted to clean up the cap, but leave barrel red. It would work better the other way round I venture, though.
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Well done!

That looks great.

Thanks

Default My Studio paint was chipping off so I took it all off. I love the new look of...

[QUOTE=snedwos;90475]
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjelan View Post
    I'd be tempted to clean up the cap, but leave barrel red. It would work better the other way round I venture, though.
    It's not that noticeable (so far) and hopefully I can avoid more damage, but it's a little annoying. I agree that a red cap would look better than a red body. Although I like the way this one looks, I don't want to remove any colour from my Red one.
    Last edited by Newjelan; August 5th, 2014 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

ihaveafountainpen, were you moving the clip back and forward with some pressure to cut through the lacquer like that ?
    It looks quite nice in the stripped back metal finish.

Newjelan, my Royal Red has a couple of chips there too.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

My studio (before it abandoned me) was chipped behind the clip too.
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    ihaveafountainpen, were you moving the clip back and forward with some pressure to cut through the lacquer like that ?
    It looks quite nice in the stripped back metal finish.

Newjelan, my Royal Red has a couple of chips there too.
    Nope, it was my school pen so was in my pocket everyday for a year and it just gradually got worse.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ihaveafountainpen For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (August 7th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    . Newjelan, my Royal Red has a couple of chips there too.
    Thanks for telling me Bogon07 as I thought it was something I'd done.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Newjelan For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (August 7th, 2014)