Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant visit FPN anymore...

Thanks

Default Cant visit FPN anymore...

I love FPGeeks!
    Last edited by brando090; July 30th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks

I suppose you tried creating another account with a different email address ?? If you're successful, I'd suggest you contact an admin or moderator and copy your fpgeek post as evidence of your public contrition. Or, find someone that knows you and has FPN recognition to make the contact on your behalf. If it has really been years, I can't imagine they'd hold a grudge at this point. Don't know what you did, but maybe that's worth a try.

good luck,
    Rich
    Classic Guillochéxxxwww.argentblue.comxxxDamascus Steel

Thanks

I have a similar problem. FPN refuses to allow me to create an account, saying my IP adress is a known spammer. I have never spammed anyone in my life, and I really would like to join FPN. There are loads more people on there who will post interesting stuff, and as a guest I can't always see the photos...

Thanks

IT guys chime in ...

Try creating the account from another IP address (friend's house) and after you're in contact the admins from that location and explain. Give them your email address so you can correspond that way from your house.

Cheers,
    Rich

FP_GaF

Quote Originally Posted by snedwos View Post
    I have a similar problem. FPN refuses to allow me to create an account, saying my IP adress is a known spammer.
    Sometimes the reason for that is that you get assigned an IP-address from your ISP that has previously been used by a spammer. This happens because IP-addresses get assigned dynamically and randomly by ISPs.

One possibility is to try to get a new IP-address assigned by turning off your router for 24 hours. You may get a new lease.

If you have this problem with more than one network contact your ISP and explain your problem. They should be able to assign a new IP-address to your router.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

I moderate at another non-pen forum and I have also been an admin of my own non-pen forum. It has been a while though. Based on spammers IP's I could ban blocks of IP's that were deemed spammy. Sometimes it can catch legitamate users. There are plugins that can help auto ban IP's too. (I am talking under PHPbb as that is what I used but I moderate on a Vbulletin board, but not admin). Best bet would be to email the admin and plead your case.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

I will get round to it eventually, and if I have to use a new email account I shall. I tried at University as well and it didn't work, but I may have been using the same email address which had already been flagged. For the moment, I have found you guys

Thanks

Thank you,

Ive contacted WatchArt, an admin? And he never responded...

Thanks

Watch_art is a moderator. I believe you want to talk to Wim.

Thanks

you mean "wimg" ??

Also, how does one do that without using someone else's account?

Cheers,
    Rich
    Last edited by Rich L; June 21st, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks

Yes, I missed a "g" in that but only because he refers to himself as Wim.
    Last edited by KrazyIvan; July 29th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

jor412

Quote Originally Posted by snedwos View Post
    I have a similar problem. FPN refuses to allow me to create an account, saying my IP adress is a known spammer. I have never spammed anyone in my life, and I really would like to join FPN. There are loads more people on there who will post interesting stuff, and as a guest I can't always see the photos...
    That happened to me when I first tried to register at FPN. I emailed the admin and he fixed the problem for me.

Thanks

Ive got nothing back from him yet

Thanks

I love FPGeeks!
    Last edited by brando090; July 30th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks

Yes I do ignore your emails - you wouldn't quit begging me for free pens. Sorry - not gonna happen. I finally spammed your email in my account b/c you wouldn't quit bugging me about it after I told you several times NO I'm not giving you any pens to review on your blog. You were banned from FPN for many different reasons that I won't go into here, but anything about five years ago is absurd - you didn't have an account there five years ago. As far as I can tell you "Joined on Nov 06 2010 03:22 PM".

I won't respond to anymore of your threads here on FPGeeks, but I wanted you to know why you're being ignored.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 599 Posts

I had the same problem...I did deserve to be booted...but maybe someday they'll let me back on

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchart View Post
    Yes I do ignore your emails - you wouldn't quit begging me for free pens. Sorry - not gonna happen. I finally spammed your email in my account b/c you wouldn't quit bugging me about it after I told you several times NO I'm not giving you any pens to review on your blog. You were banned from FPN for many different reasons that I won't go into here, but anything about five years ago is absurd - you didn't have an account there five years ago. As far as I can tell you "Joined on Nov 06 2010 03:22 PM".

I won't respond to anymore of your threads here on FPGeeks, but I wanted you to know why you're being ignored.
    Im definitely not going to get in a 'brawl' with you on a competing (and much more well done website) than FPN. I hope you guys over their deeply appreciate me being gone, because when you guys are looking for a guy who knows Waterman's and scarce german pens, dont you come crying to me to have me back on FPN. I definitely wouldn't want any free pens from you, and definitely dont expect anyone to give a reviewer free anything. Everything i review, i either collaborate on design (and have made quite a name for myself in high end audio, etc) for designing very successful designs.

All FPN is, is a corporate pen site, who is looking visitors faster than people being born in the US. I really feel bad for the owner of the site, because he/she really has some rude, unappreciative, degrading, senseless moderators.

Thanks

Sorry Brandon, but I'm chiming in here also.

If you are going to publicly pronounce your youthful innocence and your good intentions, then you are also inviting the people that you've wronged to publicly give their side of the story also, which I will do now.

And before I start, allow me to be clear. My intentions are not to maliciously bash you. I'm simply presenting fact.

You've tried to scam me at least 4 times to get free pens to "review" on your website that you claim gets 1,000,000 hits a month (or was it a week?) Correct? I never delete emails completely from my server, so I can quote the date and even the text on each one that you sent to me if you wish. This was not years ago as you state.

You've also sent me numerous unsolicited emails on the behalf of www.gofundme.com trying to collect money for a "College Project".

You've also tried the same scam of "review pens" on all of the following people below. You've tried the "College Project" on at least one other that I list below that I'm directly aware of....

Chris Manning
    Douglas Scott
    Ernest Shin
    Shawn Newton
    The Goulets
    Bruno Corsini

These are only the ones that I'm directly aware of and that I know are fact. I won't mention hearsay from others, but there are many others that I am aware of, but not as direct fact.

In case you are wondering, yes....retailers and manufacturers stay in close touch with each other. We keep track of, and warn each other of scam artists. It's not difficult in a little community like pen collectors.

Outside of attempting to scam retailers and manufacturers, my understanding of your being banned from forums, chat rooms, and live stream chats is due to you trying to convince fellow members to send you free pens.

So regardless of what you say your intentions are, or what your intentions truly are, you have developed and fostered a tremendous reputation among the pen community as a scam artist. And please don't tell me that this is all in your past, or that it's all previous mistakes. You just tried to scam Chris Manning two days ago.

It's that simple. Perhaps your intentions truly are not malicious. But no matter what you say about your intentions or the timing of your previous "mistakes", all arrows point from numerous retailers, manufacturers, and forum moderators directly to scam, and you'll have to deal with that before anyone will begin to trust you.

Again - if you are going to publicly pronounce your youthful innocence, your good intentions, and the fact that your "bad side" was years ago, you also invite the people that you've wronged to publicly tell their side of the story.
    Last edited by bgray; July 28th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks

I have to second Brian's comments. You've contacted me twice in the past year looking for free pens. I've told you both times that wouldn't happen. The most recent interaction ended yesterday. You continued to push for a free pen to "review" on your site. You only stopped emailing me after I threatened to report you to the authorities for fraud. I know of at least six other people who have had one or more similar incidents with you.

I recommend anyone running a forum to ban you for your past and current actions.

Chris Manning
    Silver Hand Studios
    Fine writing instruments
    www.silverhandstudios.com
    @silver_hand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bgray View Post
    Sorry Brandon, but I'm chiming in here also.

If you are going to publicly pronounce your youthful innocence and your good intentions, then you are also inviting the people that you've wronged to publicly give their side of the story also, which I will do now.

And before I start, allow me to be clear. My intentions are not to maliciously bash you. I'm simply presenting fact.

You've tried to scam me at least 4 times to get free pens to "review" on your website that you claim gets 1,000,000 hits a month (or was it a week?) Correct? I never delete emails completely from my server, so I can quote the date and even the text on each one that you sent to me if you wish. This was not years ago as you state.

You've also sent me numerous unsolicited emails on the behalf of www.gofundme.com trying to collect money for a "College Project".

You've also tried the same scam of "review pens" on all of the following people below. You've tried the "College Project" on at least one other that I list below that I'm directly aware of....

Chris Manning
    Douglas Scott
    Ernest Shin
    Shawn Newton
    The Goulets
    Bruno Corsini

These are only the ones that I'm directly aware of and that I know are fact. I won't mention hearsay from others, but there are many others that I am aware of, but not as direct fact.

In case you are wondering, yes....retailers and manufacturers stay in close touch with each other. We keep track of, and warn each other of scam artists. It's not difficult in a little community like pen collectors.

Outside of attempting to scam retailers and manufacturers, my understanding of your being banned from forums, chat rooms, and live stream chats is due to you trying to convince fellow members to send you free pens.

So regardless of what you say your intentions are, or what your intentions truly are, you have developed and fostered a tremendous reputation among the pen community as a scam artist. And please don't tell me that this is all in your past, or that it's all previous mistakes. You just tried to scam Chris Manning two days ago.

It's that simple. Perhaps your intentions truly are not malicious. But no matter what you say about your intentions or the timing of your previous "mistakes", all arrows point from numerous retailers, manufacturers, and forum moderators directly to scam, and you'll have to deal with that before anyone will begin to trust you.

Again - if you are going to publicly pronounce your youthful innocence, your good intentions, and the fact that your "bad side" was years ago, you also invite the people that you've wronged to publicly tell their side of the story.
    Well, this sure is a "lets accuse this man" type of post. But ill following along.

Trying to keep my reputation, is truly not being helped by these bashful posts.

Im very angered (not literally) that you guys are trying to 'accuse' me of scamming, as the definition of a scam is "to swindle" which to swindle means "to cheat or defraud of money or property." None of that i have ever done in my life! I am a truly legitimate person, trying to make a name for reviewing products, pens, some of which i pay for for my own collection, and other people come to me and want me to review it. From time to time, i see a product i am truly interested in showing people in a review, and i message them asking if they are interested in me reviewing a product for my site that gets x amount of views for an average review, and than i show them past reviews than have succeed very well.

Lets start with what i was going to do, a KickStarter project to show how pens have evolved in history as a history project. I was going to give away handmade, hand written cards, Parker 45's and a very nice Waterman 42 Continental Overlay pen ($500-800 MSRP) for those who would be able to participate. But since i learned later, i needed a credit/debit card which i understand is for liability reasons, but i dont own one quite yet, i do have Paypal. So thats where that other site came in, which i didn't care for, since i couldn't give prizes to those who helped, and the dumb site somehow accessed all my contacts and emailed them(only one that i know of, but BG states "several" (something i later learned, and i truly hate)).

To Brain Gray and to those who are listed in Bran Grays suggested 'scam list' i have never quote on quote asked for free pens, except once from Brian Gray when i was getting into pens and i had never held a fountain pen before. Brian said to me he'd help me out and get a few things that i could use, and recommended to me that i should start my blog, this was in 2010. That is the only time i have ever asked for free pens. And i later learned of the PIF forum, which helped me get into pens, and is why i now spend all my money in pens, and reselling,etc.

It must be, since this is such a small community, you guys never get people who want to review products or something legitimately. Well, from where im from, and ive done many collaborations and reviews for high-end audio products. Such the case, was a cable i designed and reviewed and the cable has sold already in about a year, $50,000. But, i guess in the pen community that is soo unheard of, and soo unethical (to design and review), im getting that vibe from the sense of rurality from this pen post.

To clear things up, and im sorry for those who believe (and i apologize to you for the other, illegitimate reviewers who may of put a bad taste in your mouth) i am a so called 'scam artist.' All im looking to do is collaborate, design, and review products. Along with acquiring relationships along the way, and learning things. Im always looking to pay for the product, but as a reviewer, i put many hours into reviews, and im not looking to pay for materials, $100 hourly wage, and profit. Reviews are not benefiting the reviewer as i think most people are thinking, but its mostly helping the company who gets customers to buy the product, gets repeat customers, along with a review that is pretty much set in stone.
    Last edited by brando090; July 28th, 2012 at 10:09 PM.