Thread: New Parker Stainless Steel Jotter Fountain Pen

Thanks

Default New Parker Stainless Steel Jotter Fountain Pen

New Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Fountain Pen in sealed packet plus a Parker Converter and ink samples x 3 (to be decided by the winner and myself after the draw).

Jotter Steel.jpg

This is for a relative Newbie to fountain pens, please no recent PIF winners.
    Let me know in this thread why you would like this pen, what ink samples you would like and where you live.
    This PIF is available Worldwide.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to alc3261 For This Useful Post:

ashley (August 14th, 2014), Brisboy (August 8th, 2014), caribbean_skye (August 6th, 2014), Crazyorange (August 8th, 2014), faithdonna (August 10th, 2014), orfew (August 8th, 2014), RuiFromUK (August 7th, 2014), top pen (August 7th, 2014), VertOlive (August 6th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: New Parker Stainless Steel Jotter Fountain Pen

Nobody wants this?
    You can apply on behalf of someone you are in the process of "Turning to the Dark Side"!!

Thanks

This is not an application for this PIF as I could not possibly qualify and I would sincerely love to spread the fp madness worldwide. A few members of this forum can testify on this (London Gathering members really).

It just reminds me that for the past PIF's I have done in this forum only a few people applied.

(alc3261 - I think they are just shy)

Thanks

alc3261, your PIFs are very generous. Many of us on here don't qualify as we are well and truly converted to "the dark side" (something wrong there, surely we are the enlightened ones )

But at this time of year, many people are away in holiday so may not see this offer.

And yes, Rui does spread the love of pens. His enthusiasm for them shines through as he cheerfully hands out ink to others. Come to think of it, generosity and sharing FP items (ink, paper, tools, know how) seems to characterise the London meets.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Hi alc3261

The PIFs on here are much quieter than on FPN, but no less appreciated. You offer some lovely items but I find that many FPG members are experienced fountain pen users so often don't qualify for the "starter" pens or goodies aimed at new users. And past winners disqualify themselves or are asked not to apply, so further limiting those eligible. You would perhaps do better to offer starter items on the other Forum I think.

Your pen wraps are always popular though, and rightly so, as they are universally useful.

I do feel frustrated myself at times that PIFs on here seem to be ignored sometimes by members, but can say that every PIF I've offered has always been really appreciated by the winner. So I don't mind if only a small handful apply; the PIF will always go to a good home.

Rui is right too about the London meet-up; there are always so many goodies being swapped and gifted, which I think is a reflection of the generous nature of FP users generally.

migo

Thanks

It's Shame you are yet to get any interest. I used one of these pens through out my Alevels before I discovered FPN and it's one of the most durable pens I have and I think it is a far better universal starter pen then a Lamy Safari is. It's a bit surprising as I've normally had problems drumming up interest when I impose shipping restrictions but you haven't.
    Last edited by top pen; August 9th, 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

Hey, Im interested. I am a Parker nut....

Thanks

I'm interested. I'm relatively new to Fps, having started this addiction back in late-Feb. as for samples, I suppose that might depend on what you have to sample. In general, I'm always in search of beautiful blues.

Thanks

This is sooo shiny and pretty. I am very interested but not sure I qualify because I won the giveaway by migo894 last July.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by faithdonna View Post
    This is sooo shiny and pretty. I am very interested but not sure I qualify because I won the giveaway by migo894 last July.
    July '13 or '14?

Thanks

Maybe just extend the time for application to a PIF. I also just PYF and decide to send stuff. A pay "you" forward.

The PIF's are often read by us geeks and newcomers don't see the original thread. If you are a newcomer to the forum. Check out this first post in this thread and other PIF's for great no strings attached giveaways.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Generally not a lot of interest at present, maybe everyone's on holiday?
    I'll leave it run a couple of weeks.
    Anyway want to convert a BP user??

Thanks

I'm very interested - I'm one of the very, very few fountain pen users in my school, but many people seem interested and want to try out a fountain pen for themselves. Thing is, I mainly use vintage flex pens and I don't think they're suitable to get these fence-sitters over to the the dark side This would make a perfect loaner/gift to expand the fledgling FP community here (I am in a junior college in Singapore). I'd like some attention grabbing ink samples to really demonstrate the versatility of FPs - perhaps some oranges, purples or turquoises with nice shading? Thank you for the opportunity.

Thanks

I'm just starting to explore the FP world (of doom??) and am interested in trying different pens and inks. Thanks for the generous offer.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alc3261 View Post
    New Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Fountain Pen in sealed packet plus a Parker Converter and ink samples x 3 (to be decided by the winner and myself after the draw).

Jotter Steel.jpg

This is for a relative Newbie to fountain pens, please no recent PIF winners.
    Let me know in this thread why you would like this pen, what ink samples you would like and where you live.
    This PIF is available Worldwide.
    Thanks for doing the PIF ....this would be wonderful for new members to apply for.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

The winner is obiwan, please message me your address!!

Thanks

The winner has not come forward nor responded to PMs.
    If (s)he does not reply by Monday evening I will redraw.