Thread: One very lucky fellow!

Thanks

Default One very lucky fellow!

This past week has been a red letter week for me with fountain pens. Not only did the first of the two Stipula's arrive but also my bargain 51. If that were not enough though. I met with one of my clients and he gifted me a Mont Blanc fountain pen for all the work I have been doing with him.

Wonderful eh, but wait, it gets better! The pen in question is... The Hitchcock!! Yes, I will type that again! I am officially the luckiest person in fountainpendom right now. I have been given a Hitchcock!

It truly is a wonderful pen, I will take better pictures but for now I will leave you with these quick shots!

I got to show the pen tonight at our local club. I felt like Richie Rich! The Hitchcock and the Stipula. I have had to order something now that I have never had before, a four pen pen case so that I can keep them safe when I am out and about. Oh yes, what is the point of a pen if not to be written with, the Hitchcock will be a daily writer, of that you can be sure!

Ah, just went to photo bucket and they are down for maintenance, photo's to follow and I know we usually say photo's or it did not happen by Maja will vouch for me, she got to write with it tonight.
    Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock,Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia, Parker Duofold senior special (1927 vintage), Sheaffer imperial 777,Parker 51 special,Stipula Tuscan dreams piston, Stipula Tuscan dreams Ti flex nib,1944 Vac 51.

Thanks

A very lucky fellow indeed! Congratulations, Ian. And I do look forward to those pictures. Use in it good health.

Ehm...could you give me just a little hint where you find such clients?

Cheers,
    Peter

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks

Excellent! You obviously did good work!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Oh man. That is fanTAStic. Now we know who buys those pens. Thrilling it ended up in the hands of a pen lover.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Wow. What a night!

Thanks

Thanks so much folks. I am still pinching myself..And still waiting for photo bucket to come back on line! Anyone else experienced the site maintenance sign on their site? It is still showing this morning! I will try a direct upload from my computer.
    L1010156.jpg
    Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock,Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia, Parker Duofold senior special (1927 vintage), Sheaffer imperial 777,Parker 51 special,Stipula Tuscan dreams piston, Stipula Tuscan dreams Ti flex nib,1944 Vac 51.

Thanks

Thanks, Ian. Finally a picture that shows this pen in full uncapped. Doesn't the vertigo-effect on the body make you nervous when you're using it?
    Last edited by peterpen53; June 22nd, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Holy cow! I think you have sumgai status via a technicality.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterpen53 View Post
    Thanks, Ian. Finally a picture that shows this pen in full uncapped. Doesn't the vertigo-effect on the body make you nervous when you're using it?
    Hi Peter. Hopefully this weekend more photo's to follow, let me know what you want to see most and I will try to get the shot! For a bit of fun click on the picture so that it opens in another tab, then scroll up and down quickly, you get a really good idea of the vertigo effect!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    Holy cow! I think you have sumgai status via a technicality.
    Ivan, I had to look that up! I think with this one definitely! I still am in shock actually! I am really lucky to have such wonderful clients I can tell you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post
    Ah, just went to photo bucket and they are down for maintenance, photo's to follow and I know we usually say photo's or it did not happen by Maja will vouch for me, she got to write with it tonight.
    I saw the MB LE Hitchcock fountain pen at our pen club meeting last night....and it's fabulous---a gorgeous fountain pen that writes beautifully, too! Obviously a lot of time and care went into its design and production. The pen could not have gone to a nicer person, too!

May you enjoy your wonderful new fountain pen in good health for many, many years, Ian!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maja For This Useful Post:

ozwill45 (August 31st, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    I saw the MB LE Hitchcock fountain pen at our pen club meeting last night....and it's fabulous---a gorgeous fountain pen that writes beautifully, too! Obviously a lot of time and care went into its design and production. The pen could not have gone to a nicer person, too!

May you enjoy your wonderful new fountain pen in good health for many, many years, Ian!
    Thank you so much Maja. I was just about to respond to your email and will do so after I type this, but thank you so much!

Are you going to be watching tomorrow mornings podcast? BTW did you see my response on that subject!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post
    Are you going to be watching tomorrow mornings podcast? BTW did you see my response on that subject!
    Yep...and I saw the replies....The pen photos on the live radio show are *exactly* the same pen photos as in the FPGeeks articles posted online, LOL. I enjoyed the radio show today---thanks to Stephen and Brian (and Eric, of course!) for another entertaining show

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Ianmedium, Congratulations on your Hitchcock. Thanks for the un-capped photo unleashing the full vertigo effect.

Now all you need to do is subtly let your clients know about this pen and see if any of them try to out do each other.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

I've been out of town for a few days so I'm chiming in here really late, but wanted to say WOW! That is absolutely amazing!
    I really love how Montblanc added a "knife" clip to this pen. I think that adds some fun to the design.

Thanks

Thanks everyone, Melissa, that clip is something that always catches my eye the moment I pict it up, the smallest details are perfect on it!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ianmedium For This Useful Post:

ozwill45 (August 31st, 2013)

Thanks

Wow! That was one happy client!!
    Blogs: Via Gravatar

Twitter: FPOkami

Flickr: Flickr