Thread: Vintage Koh I Noor Rapidograph Pen!

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Default Vintage Koh I Noor Rapidograph Pen!

I have been a fan of Koh I Noor Rapidograph pens since high school in the late 80s when I was taking commercial art, now called Graphic Design. Today i found out they make fountain pens. That makes two of my favorite design use writing instrument companies who make fountain pens. The other being Staedtler.

Today while cleaning out my fiance's father garage I found this beauty which is physically near pristine but needs a good cleaning and polishing. It has No 2 1/2 on the blue band on the barrel. It also has a a blind cap you unscrew to reveal a knob which turns. I assume this is a piston type filling system. The tip is also unusual to me. I am not sure if it is normal to look extended like this.

Any information anyone can supply would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Vintage Koh I Noor Rapidograph Pen!

Awesome find! My grandfather just gifted me his koh I noor rapidiograph pen he used for engineering school in the 50's. Mine is the brown band. I found it amazing that all it took was a quick rinse and the pen works perfect. I typically use it with parker quink black.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brewsky For This Useful Post:

RayCornett (August 11th, 2014)

Thanks

The most basic premise is that instead of a nib and feed you have a wire in a tube doing the same thing. I have not been into the guts of any to see how the different manufacturers made it work.

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Yea I just drew water into it and it held it just fine. I may try inking it soon. I know how they work as I have had a modern set since high school in the late 80s. Awesome for design work as well as drawing if you get the right tips.