Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pens I use in my Pocket.

Thanks

Default Re: The Pens I use in my Pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    And women who use fountain pens are like: shirt pockets? What are those? Never heard of the things. :P So nice to have options that can go in pants pocket, or when even my skirts don't have pockets, my bag.
    Yes, shrinking shirt pockets are not a concern for all here. ;-)

If you carry a c/c pen in your pants pocket, has the cart or the converter ever come loose inside the pen because of your walking or running?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
    And women who use fountain pens are like: shirt pockets? What are those? Never heard of the things. :P So nice to have options that can go in pants pocket, or when even my skirts don't have pockets, my bag.
    Yes, shrinking shirt pockets are not a concern for all here. ;-)

If you carry a c/c pen in your pants pocket, has the cart or the converter ever come loose inside the pen because of your walking or running?
    Has yet to happen to me, and I'd imagine the same risks are possible doing the same kind of activity with a backpack or purse.

Quote Originally Posted by rdcalhoon View Post
    The Kaweco clip nests pretty far down the cap. As a result it shows a lot of the cap when clipped to your shirt pocket. This may be a feature or a fault, depending on your attitude. I know I think about it when I am carrying my orange Ice Sport.
    I only recently got a clip on mine, but I find that for pants it's not that bad, keeps it stationery. For shirt pocket though (or the smaller pocket in pants like with the carpenter/painter style), I'd rather it without the clip. Least for the Sport/ALSport it's removable. Clip-wise of the 3 I have, the two Pilots do fare better.

Pockets are definitely getting smaller. They are still out there, but it can be a real struggle to find button down shirts with pockets deep enough to hold anything beyond small/pocket pens like the TWSBI Mini, Pilot Elite or Kaweco Sport. I find this rather annoying as I'm definitely one who likes to carry a pen in his shirt pocket.
    Knew it wasn't just me. Seems like they're normally only big enough to hold a light handkerchief. Saw some of the shirts in the store the other day, and I'm wondering how the heck did the nerds and geeks of our past ever manage a pocket protector in those things.

Bout the only one lately I feel comfortable using with a pen in the front pocket is a button up shirt that's polyester of sort aimed the fishing crowd with like four breast pockets (one deeper set, with a smaller set sewn to the front of those). I don't fish at all but that shirt plus some "booyah" fishing glasses (I like the polarization on them, and they were cheap), would say otherwise.
    Last edited by KBeezie; August 18th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KBeezie View Post
    Generally I wish I had more shirts with pockets, but at the same time a lot of the pens are either too tall or too heavy to fit into a shirt pocket (either I'm too big, or the pockets are getting smaller). Especially in the summer I'm usually just using a tshirt or polo of sort rather than a button up shirt with a pocket.
    Pockets are definitely getting smaller. They are still out there, but it can be a real struggle to find button down shirts with pockets deep enough to hold anything beyond small/pocket pens like the TWSBI Mini, Pilot Elite or Kaweco Sport. I find this rather annoying as I'm definitely one who likes to carry a pen in his shirt pocket.
    Mrs Bogon's uniform has so many pockets. At least six on the cargo pants alone and another two on the shirt & a bag as well. Plenty of space for a Kaweco ICE Sport.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

I love that Pilot Elite. That's jumped near the top of my wish-list, next to an M90.

My short pen is a Kaweco Sport classic. It wasn't getting much use but I've just swapped from M to EF nib and it's much better for me. I don't carry pens in pockets, though, so it's only my pocket pen in name, not usage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milkb0at View Post
    I love that Pilot Elite. That's jumped near the top of my wish-list, next to an M90.

My short pen is a Kaweco Sport classic. It wasn't getting much use but I've just swapped from M to EF nib and it's much better for me. I don't carry pens in pockets, though, so it's only my pocket pen in name, not usage.
    Mine is an Elite Mini, which is smaller than just "Elite", it's closest modern one seems to be the 95S, as most of the other "Elite" I see out there have much smaller caps, and over all longer lengths.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as not to get too confused when doing a search (it also appears they threw the "Elite" name on quite a few different styles of pens).
    Last edited by KBeezie; August 19th, 2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: correcting model #

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

milkb0at (August 19th, 2014)

Thanks

Ah, thanks KBeezie.

Thanks

I heard back from a rep at JetPens.

Regarding the Kaweco clips, I personally have not experienced any issues with either styles not fitting on the Raw Aluminum Sport pen. This particular version does have a slicker finish though, so I could see how it might start to slip over time. Usually you can correct any slipping by pressing the clip's sides together a little, to sort of tighten the hold.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhivago For This Useful Post:

writingrav (August 20th, 2014)

Thanks

Karl, you just sent me down the road of Kaweco lust again. My Sport has yet to disappoint me, but an AL would be oh so nice (thinking about the denim blue raw model).

Not to hijack your thread, and I really hope this isn't considered offensive or anything, but only minutes before coming across this thread, I put a handmade Kaweco sleeve up for sale. Maybe someone from the pocket pen crowd might be interested. I was just going to post a heads up in the other pocket pen thread too, but I'm still looking for that one.
    My adventures in leatherwork (partly in English)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Polyhistor View Post
    Karl, you just sent me down the road of Kaweco lust again. My Sport has yet to disappoint me, but an AL would be oh so nice (thinking about the denim blue raw model).

Not to hijack your thread, and I really hope this isn't considered offensive or anything, but only minutes before coming across this thread, I put a handmade Kaweco sleeve up for sale. Maybe someone from the pocket pen crowd might be interested. I was just going to post a heads up in the other pocket pen thread too, but I'm still looking for that one.
    Not a problem (seemed relevant)... they have something that's blue AND raw? That'd be cool, I only seen simple Raw Aluminum which is just straight aluminum with nothing done to it but a polish.

Thanks

Got the Sport N clip. It goes on a tad tighter than the traditional one, so far it's working, it's a bit more stylish and it's easier to pull up with one finger in order to slip it down on a pocket.

It also appears to be slightly more grey than the typical silver clip, but not as dark as the nickel offering.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

Zhivago (August 21st, 2014)