Thread: need some advice for a pif.

Thanks

Default need some advice for a pif.

I am wanting to do a pif of a quality pen, bottle of ink, and a Rhodia pad. I want it to be around 100.00 and was thinking a Sailor procolor 500 and bottle of sailor ink. I could use some.suggestions on what other pens to look at for this. I will not consider a Twsbi or any chineese pen so please dont mention them. Basically pen value should be 50 to 70 as the bottle of ink and paper will be 30.
    WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.
    Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tarheel1 For This Useful Post:

Polyhistor (August 22nd, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: need some advice for a pif.

The illusive perfect budget / midrange pen. I have myself been looking for the perfect budget pen that I could afford to loose for using in lectures where the probability of me loosing it is relatively high.

I've tried and own quite a few pen that fit this category to some degree (Parker; 15, Vector Reflex, I.M., Frontier Sheaffer; Intensity, Cross; Centuary II, Lamy; Safari, Studio).
    I've haven't had great experiance with the Lamy's, They have been OK but haven't been really impressed and the Cross has been similar. The two pens that really stand out from these are the Frontier (I own 3 of them) and the Sheaffer Intensity. Both of these have nibs which are smoother and write better then I could have expected for the price. Both in my mind would make ideal choices however the Sheaffer nib is common across the 100/300/Sagaris/Prelude/Intensity/Agio lines which would give you some degree of flexibility in terms of price. So I imagine the 100 maybe a good choice.

Any how it is is extremely generous of you being prepared to offer such a PIF.
    Last edited by top pen; August 21st, 2014 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

How about a Lamy Vista with 1.1 nib? With the Z26 convertor so it looks nicer as a demonstrator.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

That is extremely generous of you.
    How about an Italix Parson's Essential? It's a classic pen, reliable, excellent quality for the price, would suit those new to fountain pens as well as more experienced users. Huge selection of nibs. You could let the winner choose their preferred nib and get it shipped to them direct from Mr Pen. And you could include a bottle of their bespoke ink, Radiant Blue.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

rdcalhoon (August 21st, 2014)

Thanks

One of the Monteverde offerings, maybe? Like the prima, or some such.
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.