Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And then there were nine

Thanks

How about tortoise Pelikans? (bad joke, I know)

Seriously, I hesitate to say this, but I stayed away from vintage pens until I stumbled upon a Montblanc 121 just over a month ago. To be honest I bought it because it was a good and affordable chance to test an oblique nib. But depending on your definition of the word 'vintage', these 40-50 year old Montblancs are very nice pens and most of them are fairly affordable. And as far as I can tell they're often in a very decent condition. I would have a look at them if you're going to that pen show.

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterpen53 View Post
    How about tortoise Pelikans? (bad joke, I know)

Seriously, I hesitate to say this, but I stayed away from vintage pens until I stumbled upon a Montblanc 121 just over a month ago. To be honest I bought it because it was a good and affordable chance to test an oblique nib. But depending on your definition of the word 'vintage', these 40-50 year old Montblancs are very nice pens and most of them are fairly affordable. And as far as I can tell they're often in a very decent condition. I would have a look at them if you're going to that pen show.
    Yes the classic tortoise Pelikan - I own one, a M415 brown tortoise but really don't see myself with a whole collection of them.

I would actually like a pen made in the year of my birth - unfortunately the late sixties weren't really the height of fountain pen production. Maybe a Montblanc or Conway Stewart of that era would be the go.

Decision, decisions - luckily I have find and buy a couple more Pelikans before I have to think about what next.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustDaveyB View Post
    Yes the classic tortoise Pelikan - I own one, a M415 brown tortoise but really don't see myself with a whole collection of them.

I would actually like a pen made in the year of my birth - unfortunately the late sixties weren't really the height of fountain pen production. Maybe a Montblanc or Conway Stewart of that era would be the go.

Decision, decisions - luckily I have find and buy a couple more Pelikans before I have to think about what next.
    Well if you dont want the 415, ill acquire it

I saw your post earlier OP, and i just found one in a classified. It the blue/green translucent Athans one, and i love it. I looked at nibs.com, and i see 3-5 of them id like to buy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brando090 View Post
    Well if you dont want the 415, ill acquire it

I saw your post earlier OP, and i just found one in a classified. It the blue/green translucent Athans one, and i love it. I looked at nibs.com, and i see 3-5 of them id like to buy
    No the one M415 BT is fine in my collection.

Yes am looking at the Athens on FPN at the moment as well.

I started a new thread for my San Francisco that arrived today http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....(Pelikan-M620)

Thanks

That is a very nice looking set. The catalog photos of them as they come out are always appealing, but seeing the group is way better.

My Pelikan collection is very pedestrian, mostly new 400's and 200's, with one 605. I did get my first vintage pens last year, a 400NN and a 140, both classic green pin-stripe. One of them is from close to my birth year, but I haven't verified it any closer yet.

jor412

What a beautiful collection. I particularly like Chicago, Piazza Navona & Shanghai. Can't wait to see the SF lined up along with the others.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jor412 View Post
    What a beautiful collection. I particularly like Chicago, Piazza Navona & Shanghai. Can't wait to see the SF lined up along with the others.
    Look here http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....(Pelikan-M620)

Thanks

Default Re: And then there were nine

I almost got the Place de la Concorde. Damn ebay snipers.

Senior Member Penne Stilografiche's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, beautiful collection. Thanks to the OP, I think I want one now, especially the brown one that is in the middle of the picture. I really need to stay away from these photography threads....

Thanks

That Grand Place is singing a siren song. Very nice!
    http://katexic.com/clippings/
    Love interesting words? Curious links? Great writing? Subscribe to the free, thrice weekly Katexic Clippings newsletter!