Thread: Sheaffer Balance

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Balance

I bought a balance pencil in DC which now seems unable to grip the leads properly. It worked fine at first. Should I just buy thicker leads?
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Balance

Unscrew the "nosecone" to see if you've got a jam. You'll also observe how the lead slots or seats into the mechanism and thus you'll know how hard to press it in the first time. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

The retraction mechanism works fine, the problem is that the lead slips out.

I wonder if I did something when I did unscrew the nosecone, since I didn't seem to have a problem until after I fiddled with it.
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks

I've had this problem when using harder leads. I had installed an "H" and it would not attach so I went back to softer leads and have not had a problem since.