Thread: 1942-5 (WW II era) Sheaffer Triumph in Golden Pearl Celluloid with Special Nib.

Thanks

Default 1942-5 (WW II era) Sheaffer Triumph in Golden Pearl Celluloid with Special Nib.

Picked this up at the August 2014 Washington DC Pen Show:

Lever-fill pens are the minority for WWI-era Sheaffer Triumph fountain pens-- the vast majority are plunger-fill.

But, that's not what's really neat.

Modern music nibs are popular with those who like them (go figure). Finding a music nib in a 1940s American pen is rare rare rare (in the proper sense of the word). So when this one turned up at the Washington DC Pen Show last month, I happily grabbed it. Amongst the tens of thousands of old pens I've seen/handled, this is the first WW II era Sheaffer with a Music point I've seen. Happy David.

regards

david
    Last edited by david i; September 1st, 2014 at 06:25 PM.
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Re: 1942-5 (WW II era) Sheaffer Triumph in Golden Pearl Celluloid with Special Nib.

Will this find a permanent home in your collection or is it up for sale?

Thanks

Default Re: 1942-5 (WW II era) Sheaffer Triumph in Golden Pearl Celluloid with Special Nib.

Hi Dan,

Though I am collector >> user, the rarity of the nib certainly qualifies it for my Sheaffer collection, at least for now.

Best Regards

David
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks

Now that's impressive David !! I think those wide band models some of the nicer '40s offerings from Sheaffer.

Regards
    Hugh