Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Visconti Corsani 90th Anniv. is the love child of the Homo Sapiens and Wall St LE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default The Visconti Corsani 90th Anniv. is the love child of the Homo Sapiens and Wall St LE

Paolina Corsani, a shop that opened in 1924 in Rome, Italy, is celebrating its 90th Anniversary will a limited edition pen from Visconti. The pen is based on the Homo Sapiens design and made from the silver striped celluloid used in the Wall Street. The result is an absolutely stunning pen that makes me regret some of my most recent purchases.

The Visconti Corsani Limited Edition is available in 79 fountain pens, the street number of their store location, and 11 roller balls for a total of 90 pens. The fountain pen will come with Visconti’s 23k palladium nib and utilize their double reservoir power filling system. The pen sells for €590 (~$775) and is available at StilographCorsani.com.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

00Photo (September 3rd, 2014), Bogon07 (September 4th, 2014), da vinci (September 4th, 2014), earthdawn (September 3rd, 2014), jde (October 3rd, 2014), LagNut (October 3rd, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: The Visconti Corsani 90th Anniv. is the love child of the Homo Sapiens and Wall S

I need a better paying job. That's a great looking pen.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (September 3rd, 2014), LagNut (October 3rd, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 329 Posts

Default Re: The Visconti Corsani 90th Anniv. is the love child of the Homo Sapiens and Wall S

In a moment of weakness I went to the site and whipped out my credit card only to find I can't read italian. I downloaded google chrome and had it auto translate for me and got as far as the checkout page that says you have to contact them if you live outside of Italy. It is kinda hard to contact someone in italian when you don't speak italian.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 00Photo View Post
    In a moment of weakness I went to the site and whipped out my credit card only to find I can't read italian. I downloaded google chrome and had it auto translate for me and got as far as the checkout page that says you have to contact them if you live outside of Italy. It is kinda hard to contact someone in italian when you don't speak italian.
    They speak English. Pretty well, too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

GING GING (October 5th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 329 Posts

Crackerjack! I might have to have a moment of weakness again tomorrow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 00Photo For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (October 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

That is a beautiful pen.

My Vac was a disappointment because of the dimensions. The Wall Street has a similar look but I'm not keen on the metal section. This one looks just right.
    Last edited by velo; September 3rd, 2014 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Only 79
    Looks like an updated Manhattan .... did they come in silver/grey or only red, green & blue ?

The only minor draw back is the lack of an ink window in a DRPFS.

The HomoSapiens really is a great pen body. It will be interesting to see what other materials Visconti uses with it....some of the stuff they use in the Divinas would also look good. A Desert Springs version would be wild.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (October 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

I am waiting to hear if Tracy Lee is also overcome by a moment of weakness. That is a gorgeous pen.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to caribbean_skye For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (September 4th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Temptation thy name is Visconti.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caribbean_skye View Post
    I am waiting to hear if Tracy Lee is also overcome by a moment of weakness. That is a gorgeous pen.
    I hear she's not that keen on the Wall St celluloid.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Still committed to the "no more pens in 2014" but I will say that the shape and styling of the Homo Sapiens is enough by itself to generate interest, yes. The Wall Street Celluloid is fine, but not a driver for me. But no doubt the pen is really beautiful. I would be a big fat liar if I tried to say otherwise.

Thanks

"No more pens in 2014"…what kind of nonsense is that?! You've got 4 months left of the year. I'll be disappointed if you actually commit to that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (September 4th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post

Still committed to the "no more pens in 2014" but I will say that the shape and styling of the Homo Sapiens is enough by itself to generate interest, yes. The Wall Street Celluloid is fine, but not a driver for me. But no doubt the pen is really beautiful. I would be a big fat liar if I tried to say otherwise.
    That pen would be beautiful in your collection. It's styling would fit in with the rest of crew.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (September 4th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

"No more pens in 2014"…what kind of nonsense is that?! You've got 4 months left of the year. I'll be disappointed if you actually commit to that.
    When you have spent the kind of money I have on pens in one year? Time to sit back and enjoy and plan for 2015!! Because it's . . . Oy. A lot.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

dannzeman (September 4th, 2014), Mags (September 11th, 2014), mtnbiker62 (October 3rd, 2014)

Thanks

When you have spent the kind of money I have on pens in one year? Time to sit back and enjoy and plan for 2015!! Because it's . . . Oy. A lot.
    I know, I've just gotta give you a hard time. I'm in the same boat. I've acquired so any pens this year that some of them have been neglected. I need to chill and just use them.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (September 4th, 2014), Tracy Lee (September 4th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

oh man. Wall St LE in the gray WAS my grail pen. this one... sheesh.

Thanks

Although I'm not really keen on either the look of the Wall Street or resin versions of the Homo Sapiens, I must say that this actually looks quite nice.

Fortunately it's out of my price range

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Llewellyn For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (September 4th, 2014)

Thanks

I know, I've just gotta give you a hard time. I'm in the same boat. I've acquired so any pens this year that some of them have been neglected. I need to chill and just use them.
    if you need someone to give your pens some love, you know where to find me Dan

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caribbean_skye For This Useful Post:

dannzeman (September 4th, 2014), Tracy Lee (September 4th, 2014)

Thanks

Got room in that boat for one more? :P

Thanks

Oh dear......
    I just bought the HS Crystal, a Conid Bulkfiller Streamline (totally clear version), a Delta Blue Jay AND I already have a Wall St BUT.........
    AND I do speak some Italian!!!!
    Can anything save me???

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alc3261 For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (October 4th, 2014), Scrawler (October 14th, 2014)