Thread: A piece of good news

Thanks

Default A piece of good news

At a time when pen retailers are closing down (J M Pennifeather in Hampstead is the latest to go in England), it is a huge pleasure to find one that has opened. I was in Hay-on -Wye yesterday, a lovely town known for its dozens of secondhand bookshops, and found that a great stationery and pen shop, Bartrums, has opened.

Even better, Stefan Price, who sold me a Pel 400 and some Poussiere de la Lune, is a Geek and enormously enthusiastic and knowledgeable. It was a treat talking to him and buying from him. They have a website but have more in stock than on the website, so if you're ever in that bit where England and Wales meet, pop in.
    Some days, it's hardly worth chewing through the leather straps....

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oldstoat For This Useful Post:

Cob (September 12th, 2014), fountainpenkid (September 14th, 2014), Jeph (September 12th, 2014), Laura N (September 12th, 2014), Oblique and Inky (September 12th, 2014), onepuff (September 16th, 2014), Tracy Lee (September 12th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: A piece of good news

I have heard of Hay-on-Wye! How lucky for you to be able to go there. I love a good pen store.

Thanks

Default Re: A piece of good news

Thanks for the post Oldstoat - i have not been to Hay on Wye despite living in the UK. Another reason to go