Thread: Relighting my interest

Thanks

Default Relighting my interest

This section of the forum has reignited my interest in my mechanical pencils and lead holders.

I almost feel like pulling out a drawing board and T-square, just so I can draw with the lead holders.
    It's funny how I miss that feeling of rotating the lead holder as I draw a line.
    It is a totally different feeling when I draw with a pencil vs. using a CAD program in the computer. The pencil feels more creative, the computer more precise. But the creative part is missing when I use the computer. I feel like I have to use paper and pencil to do the creative stuff, before I can put it into the computer.

I've been down to the office supply store, looking at drafting supplies; lead holder, triangle, architects scale, ...

Thanks

Default Re: Relighting my interest

Junk shops and antique fairs often have wonderful technical drawing equipment that's been 'improved on' by technology. The build quality and feel is better than anything made now by a huge margin, and you can find some great bargains. Enjoy and post some drawings if you have any to hand.