Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought my first Pelikan Limited Edition

Thanks

Just the perspective

I bought it with the Blue o' Blue from www.nibs.com but I use my 0.7mm CI custom grind more. The IB nib is not that great a nib IMHO

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Gee Peterpen53, I had to wiki choucroute:
    Choucroute garnie (French for dressed sauerkraut; choucroute is a phonologically francophonic form of Alsacian Sürkrüt, c.f. German Sauerkraut) is a famous Alsacian recipe for preparing sauerkraut with sausages and other salted meats and charcuterie, and often potatoes.
    Although sauerkraut is a traditionally German and Eastern European dish, the French annexation of Alsace and Lorraine following the Peace of Westphalia in 1648 brought this dish to the attention of French chefs and it has since been widely adopted in France.

JustDaveyB, thanks for the extra Wallstreet pictures. I wished I was an investment banker so I could use and afford the pen. The Blue o Blue is nice too.

Maybe you guys could start a full blown wine thread in the Lounge or the Ink section. There is not that much difference between wine and inks anyway.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Gee Peterpen53, I had to wiki choucroute:
    Choucroute garnie (French for dressed sauerkraut; choucroute is a phonologically francophonic form of Alsacian Sürkrüt, c.f. German Sauerkraut) is a famous Alsacian recipe for preparing sauerkraut with sausages and other salted meats and charcuterie, and often potatoes.
    Although sauerkraut is a traditionally German and Eastern European dish, the French annexation of Alsace and Lorraine following the Peace of Westphalia in 1648 brought this dish to the attention of French chefs and it has since been widely adopted in France.
    Well, you can't say you didn't learn something today. By the way, your quote shows you have to be careful with Wikipedia. To say that it's widely adopted in France is stretching it. It is very well adopted in the Alsace-Lorraine region, but that is only the northeastern corner of France.

JustDaveyB, thanks for the extra Wallstreet pictures. I wished I was an investment banker so I could use and afford the pen. The Blue o Blue is nice too.

Maybe you guys could start a full blown wine thread in the Lounge or the Ink section. There is not that much difference between wine and inks anyway.
    I refuse to drink ink. We could talk about writing with wine (only the cheap one, that is).

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustDaveyB View Post
    Just the perspective

I bought it with the Blue o' Blue from www.nibs.com but I use my 0.7mm CI custom grind more. The IB nib is not that great a nib IMHO
    Thanks, but that is not a good source for me anyway. Wrong side of the pond (shipping, duties, VAT!!). I would prefer to source it inside the EU. I've been looking at Richard Binder's grinds too, but that's the same problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterpen53 View Post
    Well, you can't say you didn't learn something today. By the way, your quote shows you have to be careful with Wikipedia. To say that it's widely adopted in France is stretching it. It is very well adopted in the Alsace-Lorraine region, but that is only the northeastern corner of France.
    I'm always learning something new here on the FPG forum although it usually involves spending money immediately afterward

Thanks for the extra info too.

I was also drawn to the phrase "phonologically francophonic form".
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

I think that along with the brown and green tortoiseshell they came out with not long ago have become my favourite Pelikans! A beautiful pen!
    Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock,Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia, Parker Duofold senior special (1927 vintage), Sheaffer imperial 777,Parker 51 special,Stipula Tuscan dreams piston, Stipula Tuscan dreams Ti flex nib,1944 Vac 51.

Thanks

From the context I get what it means, but it would merit a Wikipedia search on its own.

Thanks

I'm always learning something new here on the FPG forum although it usually involves spending money immediately afterward

Thanks for the extra info too.

Say that three times quickly...
    phonologically francophonic form, phonologically francophonic form, phonologically francophonic form

A nice phrase to practise my cursive with.
    Last edited by JustDaveyB; July 13th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Just bought my first Pelikan Limited Edition

Nice looking Pen. Few days ago I bought my first Pelikan. I am a bit disappointed I bought it. It was a M200 and what surprised me was the weight and the Pelikan nibs. I bought the pen initially with a Fine Nib. and as I had heard about the Pelikan nib variation to the other brands I bought an extra EF nib unite,be on the safe side that I have my prefered nib size.But surprisinly I had find bouth nibs have any difference.