Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disassembling a Visconti Pininfarina? (nib alignment issue)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Default Re: Disassembling a Visconti Pininfarina? (nib alignment issue)

Quote Originally Posted by AltecGreen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Eclectic-

No need to raise anything on this. Bring me the pen at a Pen Posse, I want to see it.

From what I know of these, it is designed so that the nib can be rotated to alignment and not leak.

There is a simple and reversible solution to hold the nib in place radially if one really wants to do so.
    Shall I call the Posse?
    I think so. Bring the air brushed pen as well. Dual Posse if you will.

Thanks

Eclectic-

No need to raise anything on this. Bring me the pen at a Pen Posse, I want to see it.

From what I know of these, it is designed so that the nib can be rotated to alignment and not leak.

There is a simple and reversible solution to hold the nib in place radially if one really wants to do so.
    Yes, my AD also told me that the nib unit is designed this way, and since the converter slots into the back of the nib unit itself I don't worry about it leaking. It just seems to rotate a little too easily for my liking. I will definitely try to make it up to a Posse, assuming I can convince my wife to fly solo with the baby for a few hours. Thanks for jumping into the thread, definitely appreciate the offer of help!

Would the "simple and reversible solution" happen to involve Loctite?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EclecticCollector View Post
    Eclectic-

Yes, my AD also told me that the nib unit is designed this way, and since the converter slots into the back of the nib unit itself I don't worry about it leaking. It just seems to rotate a little too easily for my liking. I will definitely try to make it up to a Posse, assuming I can convince my wife to fly solo with the baby for a few hours. Thanks for jumping into the thread, definitely appreciate the offer of help!

Would the "simple and reversible solution" happen to involve Loctite?
    Bring the baby. Farmkid went to his first Posse when he was all of month old. Bring the boss too. Moms and Dads need to get out and everyone likes babies. We can make everyone be quiet and talk softly OR we can give Eclectibaby an Esterbrook to resac (or drool on.)

Most important, Boy/Girl, Age, etc.

Thanks

Bring the baby. Farmkid went to his first Posse when he was all of month old. Bring the boss too. Moms and Dads need to get out and everyone likes babies. We can make everyone be quiet and talk softly OR we can give Eclectibaby an Esterbrook to resac (or drool on.)

Most important, Boy/Girl, Age, etc.
    HAHAHA ok, I will run that idea by the boss. M/5mo/very cute according to multiple sources, but I don't discount the possibility of bias and/or white lies.
    Last edited by EclecticCollector; November 4th, 2014 at 06:51 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

I'm curious if you called Coles of London, yet. They are an authorized visconti repair service. Listen to Farmboy. What do I know, I only own one of them. I'm out of it now. Do what what you want.