Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: J. Hebrin Stormy Grey (1670 Ink Collection) Rolling Review add yours

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Default Re: J. Hebrin Stormy Grey (1670 Ink Collection) Rolling Review add yours

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbreeze View Post
    You are braver then I Cob
    I wouldn't use.1670 inks in a sac
    I wouldn't call myself brave but thank you!

And I have enough sacs in stock - and they are silicone to boot.

Cob

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: J. Hebrin Stormy Grey (1670 Ink Collection) Rolling Review add yours

Just one data point, but I always use the original 1670 red, which is extremely high maintenance, in a pen with a sac. Fingers crossed, I have had no problems over the years. The pen I'd never use that ink in is a vac filler, because cleaning those fully is so tough. Or any 51, because the collector tends to tenaciously hold onto ink.

The 1670 Stormy Grey in contrast is one of the lowest maintenance inks that I've ever used. I would use it in any pen. Just my experience, though.

Thanks

I have this ink, my first glitter ink. I've not used it in ages. I liked it better than the Diamine shading glitter inks...some 5 or so bottles in different colors and glitter color. The ink had to shade first. Was less glitter than expected because I'd been spoiled with the dark Herbin grey glitter ink.

What I learned here is to use it in a Superflex pen. Most of my superflex nibs are in piston.
    So will give those Diamine glitter inks a run in a superflex nib also...think I'll go with the wider nibs....If I don't have wide enough in super flex, I do have OBB in an Osmia in maxi-semi-flex.