Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome Give Away #5

penspouse

Congratulations, sokuban!

sokuban

Alright, I have now received the pen!~

(I had it sent to my main house because it's a more secure address and would be easier, but I was at university up until today, so that's why it might have taken a little longer.)

I'll be going back to university in a week or so, and I'll post more detailed information when I do so, because I've got more inks there. (I don't want to ink it here and then have to clean it right after I get there to change inks, especially since I don't need to use it now, and this pen looks hard to clean because it doesn't seem openable. How do you clean/open it?)

EDIT: Well, I just tried it now, and it is a really nice pen. It might very well be the finest nib I own, and even then it isn't too dry or scratchy or anything.
    Last edited by sokuban; May 8th, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sokuban View Post
    Alright, I have now received the pen!~

(I had it sent to my main house because it's a more secure address and would be easier, but I was at university up until today, so that's why it might have taken a little longer.)

I'll be going back to university in a week or so, and I'll post more detailed information when I do so, because I've got more inks there. (I don't want to ink it here and then have to clean it right after I get there to change inks, especially since I don't need to use it now, and this pen looks hard to clean because it doesn't seem openable. How do you clean/open it?)
    To clean the pen after filling it just remove the blind cap, pump the plunger and fill it with water, empty it, and repeat several times. Vacumatic fillers tend to take a little longer to fill and empty than other pens but you should get the hang of it pretty quickly.

sokuban

Well, cleaning it wasn't as bad as I thought, (today is the first day I'm cleaning it; I hope that isn't too little) I think I took even less time than I would've on a normal C/C. I'm pretty sure I couldn't fully clean it, but I pretty much gave up because there was nothing else to do.

Flushing it is definitely faster than with a C/C though, because you can just keep pushing down the plunger while dipping it in water (and cleaning the water a few times), while with a C/C you'd have to fill, release, fill, release a few cycles. Then after that I dried it shaking it on a toilet paper; after drying it I dipped it in water and filled it again (this time it didn't let out any visible ink into the water) then dried it again shaking with the toilet paper.

I'm sure there are water droplets inside the ink chamber, but I see no way of getting them out and I can't hear/see/feel them so I just gave up from there. I guess if I had distilled water I'd be laughing now, but I have tap water only.