Thread: Moleskine Museum Sketch-book Scribbles

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Default Moleskine Museum Sketch-book Scribbles

I purchased a Moleskine Museum Sketch-Book from a Notemaker sale in last year.
    It has an orange Shuntung Silk cover. 9cm x 14cm or 3.75" x 5.5" with 40 blank dark ivory pages.
    The paper is a heavy grade which has white edges but exhibits a pronounced green tinged mirroring on the back of pages where black fibre tip ink has been used.
    There is the usual Moleskine elastic closure in matching orange and a back cover pocket.

The paper band around it has a small reproduction of Vincent van Gogh's "The Bedroom at Aries" and a quote from Vincent "Sometimes there are sheets in a sketchbook which, although they are more or less scribbles, nevertheless have something to say".

Anyway not being a big fan of Vincent I proceeded to scribble out his name from the square at the bottom of the front cover with a dark orange pen.
    Cover.jpg
    I had some concerns about the silk cover not wearing very well in my work bag so Mrs Bogon kindly knitted a cover for it out of orange wool that she had lying about. She put a patterned row of holes along one edge for artistic panache.

Following is a selection of scribbles so far. Unfortunately the work scanner doesn't want to go past 300dpi.
    20120501.jpg
    An orange Artline fibre tip.

20120717.jpg
    Lamy Safari F nib with J.Herbin Vert Reseda

20120510.jpg
    Stabilo fibre tip. 'Hunting the Higgs Boson'
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogon07 For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (May 26th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

I remember when you bought that Moleskine. I was a little perplexed at the silk cover. Your zen scribbles are awesome. You need to post more of your artwork Ken. How about that one that won you a contest about a year or two ago.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

I love that turquoisey one, and Ivan is 100% right, we need to see more of your artwork!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

hear, hear.

Very cool stuff. I like that knit cover too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    I remember when you bought that Moleskine. I was a little perplexed at the silk cover. Your zen scribbles are awesome. You need to post more of your artwork Ken. How about that one that won you a contest about a year or two ago.
    KI, that was the Notemaker Think Offline contest which was an honourable mention not the winner. The luckly devil rec'd a yellow Safari.
    I still think the Fish and the Girl holding a yellow pencil were the best entries.
    http://notemaker.com.au/pages/think-...ia-competition

Manoeuver the wool colour is an amazingly close match to the silk.

I was looking through the my boxes of stationery and noticed a lined version of this Moleskine with 192 pages of regular M. paper.

I'll have to try using my home scanner which should be better than the work one which turns the image into a PDF and mails it to you.

Be warned there are plenty more of these. Including a full Leuchtturm1917, which I bought after KI's review of one last year.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"