Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Panjo, a new Classifieds section

Thanks

Default Re: Introducing Panjo, a new Classifieds section

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Really? Because as a seller myself, I see several advantages, the biggest being a more efficient process from listing to accepting payment. Image uploading is drag-n-drop or batch upload. I don't have to worry about using a third-party host and copying and pasting a bunch of links. I don't have to go back and forth with a potential buyer if the item is still available and what my Paypal info is. If the buyer wants, they click "Buy It", I get the notification, ship it and that's it.
    You have the Belxley Intrepid listed both here and at your website. The photos have two different url locations. Dose that mean you uploaded them twice? A third party host is efficient when you are listing at multiple locations. Drag-n-drop is overrated.
    Your website offers a "buy it" option that takes a buyer to paypal checkout. Ebay offers this as well.

Answering if something is still available is not more efficient than closing/canceling a listing from a selling point of view.

Automation does not equal efficiency.

But, being a luddite, you probably don't use Paypal or even take digital images. I'm guessing you're still mailing prints to those interested in purchasing your pens so you're right, there probably is no upside for you.
    Yes, and I still use fountain pens when I can type.

I can ask all I want, but only a few actually donate and do so repeatedly. Using Panjo and charing a transaction fee is a way to spread the load out evenly, especially for those who sell more than others.
    Is there a topic in the sales forum asking for donations?...if so I missed it. Part of the objection is being told I have to pay before being asked. Hey, at least you aren't claiming the website costs many thousands of dollars a year to run

Is this is a surprise? Paypal has a pretty solid resolution system and I always recommend people use them for online transactions. If we had a policy in place for the Classifieds (before installing Panjo) I'd just copy theirs.
    Not really, but claiming buyer protection while relying on paypal's policies is a bit misleading.

Thanks

I listed a pen this morning with almost no hassle. Any bumps along the way were simply me figuring out the system. (No, I didn't watch the video first, but I appreciate that it's there.)

I tried to post from my I pad but couldn't make it work. Posting from the Mac book was no problem. I usually post classifieds from my phone, so I'll be glad when/if an Android app is available.

I don't mind the small fee. I haven't donated before, but I have purchased items from the shop on multiple occasions.

Dan, thanks for trying to create the best experience possible for both the buyer and the seller.
    Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is good. - Jan Karon

Thanks

I don't sell a lot of pens but I do contribute since I found this forum. If it benefits this board, the people in it, and fountain pen use in general, I like the new system. Put it this way. I've seen far worse.

Senior Member spotted and speckled's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm excited, really I am. I have never sold a pen online and am thinking that the herd will be cleansed this year (ok, 2015) and the whole thing looks streamlined. I did just try to download the iphone app & it wants IOS8.0, so I guess I'm going to have to download the update.

I have bought quite a few pens off this forum, and the buying portion of it looks pretty effortless too. No more waiting across time zones to see if someone wants to sell you their pen. They just refund me the money if they have already sold it.

Question--will you be letting newcomers list pens? That would make it easy for scammers like Brandon.
    2nd Question--Is there a way to see if the item has been sold besides opening up the ad and reading the whole thing?

Thank you!
    Much Love--

--Virginia

Thanks

Can you list several pens in one listing for different prices, or do you need to list each pen separately now?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 554 Posts

Each listing is separate. Makes the Buy it Now option possible.
    It took me about 25 minutes to get 8 or 9 listings up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 13th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,015 Times in 4,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharlie View Post
    Can you list several pens in one listing for different prices, or do you need to list each pen separately now?
    I looked on the Panjo support forums for answers, and it appears this is strictly tied to individual item sales. They have their reasons for it, and it doesn't look like there will be any changes to accommodate multiple item listings.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    Can I infer from this that you mean it was relatively easy and quick? Or was that a long time to complete that work? (I'm assuming the former)
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    Can I infer from this that you mean it was relatively easy and quick? Or was that a long time to complete that work? (I'm assuming the former)
    You're correct Jon. I found 2 ways to speed things up considerably:
    1. bookmark the blank starting page. Once you finish a listing click your bookmark and it'll load up an empty listing for you.
    2. drop your images into the drag/drop box first, then write the listing. Large images take longer to upload than an ad takes to write.

overall I'm tickled at how easy it is to make listings quickly.

I've already sold 2 items today (shipped one!) where before I'd still be swapping emails or PMs (ugh) with prospective buyers. So far so good.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 13th, 2014)

Thanks

Does Panjo support any form of payment other than PayPal? It's an old story, but I have sworn never to open another PayPal account.

Thanks

Sorry but I just don't like it. The wagon wheel wasn't broke and didn't need fixing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisvan View Post
    Sorry but I just don't like it. The wagon wheel wasn't broke and didn't need fixing.
    That doesn't mean replacing a wagon wheel with a jetski isn't the right thing to do, in certain cases. (Yes, terrible metaphor).

I never felt I had the time and effort available to put listings up, and this seems like a solution that comes closer to my needs. Just as in pens, we all like different things.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Well it was a good wagon. Let's see how the jet ski works. doesn't really matter whether anyone likes it or not. It's here. And hey what's another 2.5%? Everyone wants a piece.
    Last edited by Curtisvan; November 14th, 2014 at 03:43 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisvan View Post
    Mr. Van, that just isn't true. This whole thing got started when I read this thread:
    http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....t-I-d-say-this

Numerous users made it clear that selling pens was a pain in the ass- especially selling off a bunch of pens.

I know this well as I've had over a hundred pens I've been meaning to sell (since August!) but haven't posted ANY of them here, just because it's a pain.

I talked to Dan and said 'Users are complaining that it's hard to sell pens. We should make it easier for them.'

The 2 most annoying things about selling pens (for me at least) were making the ad itself and arranging payment. If making the ad was as simple as filling out a form, and we could get a Buy Now button into the listing, selling pens would be way, way easier.

and now it is.

We didn't consider that it wouldn't be quite as convenient for some people as copying and pasting their ad across many fora, but the purpose of this forum is not to be one arm of anybody's pen reselling business. (Thanks so much to Rick Krantz who took the changes in stride like a gentleman.)

For those of you who are doubtful, take 3 minutes and create a listing. You can remove it immediately if you want.

ok folks, have fun!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 14th, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (November 14th, 2014), tinysnail (November 24th, 2014), ypsilanti (November 15th, 2014)

Thanks

I've thought about this a bit, and it seems to me that the functions of a forum should stand to benefit the regular members and contributors of a forum first and foremost. There are a lot of places to buy and sell pens on the net, and if this one arena ends up making a better user experience for the FPG community, I think that should be the bottom line. I plan on giving it a try myself, and hope that it adds, not detracts, from the overall FPG experience.

~ Benjamin Franklin

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (November 14th, 2014), tandaina (November 14th, 2014), ypsilanti (November 15th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

I just noticed that when I clicked on an image on the original listing, it took me to the Panjo listing and there I found it had reduced the size of the images so that the picture showing the nib had in fact cut the nib off the edge of the image when it was resized, so I couldn't see it. It also had text through the images that wasn't there on the original images.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 14th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I just noticed that when I clicked on an image on the original listing, it took me to the Panjo listing and there I found it had reduced the size of the images so that the picture showing the nib had in fact cut the nib off the edge of the image when it was resized, so I couldn't see it. It also had text through the images that wasn't there on the original images.
    Good catch. I have no idea if the plugin can be tweaked for sizing - I noted that when I tried to expand the browser to full screen, it didn't widen the Panjo page (i.e. the pics were still truncated); bringing the window back to my default size caused the image display to get munged up. Either the plugin display settings need to be tweaked (if possible) or we should be aware of optimal image sizing. (I'm hoping the former, which would fix it for everyone)

~ Benjamin Franklin

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (November 15th, 2014)

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing that has always scared me off from selling is my worry over the difficulty of doing so (payment, shipping, etc). This makes me more likely to try selling.

Thanks

The old system seemed to work just fine and I don't see the improvement in the new system. It reminds me of Photobucket, which I use, but dislike. Also this new system does not match my techniques for listing. SO! I think I'm outta here...

Michael

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael McNeil For This Useful Post:

Hawk (November 15th, 2014)

Thanks

I'm still tossing around my future, but I will try to list an item, see what I think.

my biggest problem is in fact, listing on several boards, using one image, so I can update the image across multiple boards.

but reality as it may be. I think that Pentrace, Fountain Pen Board, and Fountain Pen Classifieds are going to see a lot more traffic.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Krantz For This Useful Post:

Hawk (November 15th, 2014)